Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

swindle; deceit; cheating; forgery; embezzlement
fraud
debut
difficulty
run
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does 'I wonder' mean?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
There is no denying - definition | What does "to mark down" mean?
listening exercises
What does 'I wonder' mean? #46 (permalink) Mon Sep 06, 2010 23:46 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

Really , I want to exploit your knowlegement in English language . I was watching a Comedy movie and heard the following word ( caramba ) What is the meaning of this word .? Is it formal or informal ?
Shin
You can meet me at english-test.net

What does 'I wonder' mean? #47 (permalink) Mon Sep 06, 2010 23:54 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

That's not English, but a Spanish (and later, Mexican) slang phrase indicating surprise.

http://www.babylon.com/definition/Ai_caramba/
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/29/messages/1078.html
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ai%20caramba
Language Coach

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does 'I wonder' mean? #48 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 19:16 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

Alan give me some more clarity why wonder ,why not hope
Sri99664427

What does 'I wonder' mean? #49 (permalink) Mon Nov 22, 2010 14:10 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

Though the sentence simple, it is important in communication purpose, I would like to thank Mr Alan for the beautiful explanation. thank you Alan..
Abhiphn09

What does 'I wonder' mean? #50 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 17:37 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

hahaha, it's very good that someone can see our comments and correct our mistakes.
Anhthu39

What does 'I wonder' mean? #51 (permalink) Mon Nov 29, 2010 19:39 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

I think I can understand now,how is the difference in using between ''can'' and ''wonder if''
Thanks a lot!
Duybau

Re: What does 'I wonder' mean? #52 (permalink) Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 pm   Re: What does 'I wonder' mean?

i think
Anam2

What does 'I wonder' mean? #53 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 am   What does 'I wonder' mean?

hi Alan
I think I can choose hope instead wonder, why I can't?
thank you
in advance.
Levon198306

What does 'I wonder' mean? #54 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 am   What does 'I wonder' mean?

Hi,

'I hope' means that you wish something will happen. 'I wonder' suggests that you ask yourself if something will happen.

I hope I will pass my exams = that is something that I wish.

I wonder if I will pass my exams = that is something I ask myself because I am not sure.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

What does 'I wonder' mean? #55 (permalink) Thu Mar 17, 2011 21:11 pm   What does 'I wonder' mean?

Thans! You help me too much,
Erena

Hello #56 (permalink) Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 pm   Hello

I want to know that why wonder is used instead of hope in the first sentence.Thankyou.
Semika_Mukhia
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

There is no denying - definition | What does "to mark down" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Is I ate already correct?Debt vs. debitwhat does implied mean?What does 'posh' mean?difference between happen to and come to?Using At or In before the name of placeWhy hardest not harder?Difference between mess and messyPrepositions: "far from", "next to"Difference between "name" and "call" herWhom vs. thatDifference between supressed and muffledWhat does this phrase mean: "I don't care"? Is it an idiom?