one of the two periods of an academic year (usually 15-18 weeks)
semester
grain
supervisor
petrol

Difference between choose and find

Goto page Previous  1, 2

why in this sentence we can not use leaved? | There's little hope
Difference between choose and find #16 (permalink) Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:18 am   Difference between choose and find

Sir,
In " There are so many things that it's difficult to choose" if I replace "things" on "problems" and "choose" on " find", so my setence is" There are so many porblems that it's difficult to find" Is that corrcet ?

thanks!

Jane
Janevu

Difference between choose and find #17 (permalink) Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:38 am   Difference between choose and find

Hello Alan & Torsten,
I also had the same problem between choose and find. It seems to me it's depend on how do you read the sentence? I understand your way but I think next time most of us will do the same mistake.

Thank you,
Allaminna
Allaminna

Location: Toronto

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"choose" correct in the context #18 (permalink) Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:23 am   "choose" correct in the context

Hello everybody!

I think Alan is absolutely right - the answer is "choose" but taken in the given context. If we overlook these 10 questions we see there is a logical order, a conversation. This question is connected to the previous questions where the ideea was to choose a question. Well, the word "things" in this question refers to "questions". Taken off the context, the word "things" can have various meanings so the answer wouldn,t be so obvious.

Am I wright?

Tks for this forum!
Cornel

"choose" correct in the context #19 (permalink) Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 am   "choose" correct in the context

Hello everybody!

Am I wright?

Tks for this forum!
Cornel

"choose" correct in the context #20 (permalink) Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 am   "choose" correct in the context

Hello everybody!

Am I wright?

Tks for this forum!
Cornel

Difference between choose and find #21 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:22 am   Difference between choose and find

There are so many things and in spite of it I can't find any. It's too dificalt! That is wrong? There are so many questions that it's difficult to choose.I consider a logical order. I am right? Sorry, Cornel. I did not see your post at first. Where are you from?
Roza

Location: Russia

Difference between choose and find #22 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2011 18:13 pm   Difference between choose and find

Hi, sir will you please esplain the difference between "follow " and "choose".Thanks.
Amisa77

Location: Pakistan

Difference between choose and find #23 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2011 18:15 pm   Difference between choose and find

Amisa77

Location: Pakistan

Difference between choose and find #24 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2011 20:49 pm   Difference between choose and find

http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/follow
http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/choose
_________________

Difference between choose and find #25 (permalink) Sat May 21, 2011 11:40 am   Difference between choose and find

I'm not so sure why "choose" is the right answer not "find"? I think this it depends on situation.
eg: There are so many things that it's difficult to find ( we say it when we can't find out s.th eg: happiness, warmness, lucky, etc.)
eg: There are so many things that it's difficult to choose ( we say it when we have many options to choose eg: work or study, marriend or single, to be an employee or employer, and so on).
Could you give me example clearer than this?

Thanks...
Pengbunheang

Difference between choose and find #26 (permalink) Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm   Difference between choose and find

If you choose you decide which thing/person you want out of the ones that are available.

'Find' has a number of usages, which you will find listed here. as a verb and here as a noun.
_________________

Difference between choose and find #27 (permalink) Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:16 pm   Difference between choose and find

My first answer for this question is 'follow'. Now I know the correct answer is 'choose'. Thank you Allan! Thank you Kitosdad!
Joyce2012

Location: China

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Test incompl/inter-222, Question 4Test incompl/inter-222, User's Answer 3Test incompl/elem-191, User's Answer 10What does pass away mean?Takes afterIs I ate already correct?Total confusion!What does the latest news mean?How can cat be sitting on a wall?Difference between SURELY and CERTAINLYWhat does speak up mean?Difference between supressed and muffledWhat does this phrase mean: "I don't care"? Is it an idiom?