Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

one of the two periods of an academic year (usually 15-18 weeks)
semester
grain
supervisor
petrol
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between choose and find

Goto page Previous  1, 2

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
why in this sentence we can not use leaved? | There's little hope
listening exercises
Difference between choose and find #16 (permalink) Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:18 am   Difference between choose and find

Sir,
In " There are so many things that it's difficult to choose" if I replace "things" on "problems" and "choose" on " find", so my setence is" There are so many porblems that it's difficult to find" Is that corrcet ?

thanks!

Jane
Janevu

Difference between choose and find #17 (permalink) Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:38 am   Difference between choose and find

Hello Alan & Torsten,
I also had the same problem between choose and find. It seems to me it's depend on how do you read the sentence? I understand your way but I think next time most of us will do the same mistake.

Thank you,
Allaminna
Allaminna
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"choose" correct in the context #18 (permalink) Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:23 am   "choose" correct in the context

Hello everybody!

I think Alan is absolutely right - the answer is "choose" but taken in the given context. If we overlook these 10 questions we see there is a logical order, a conversation. This question is connected to the previous questions where the ideea was to choose a question. Well, the word "things" in this question refers to "questions". Taken off the context, the word "things" can have various meanings so the answer wouldn,t be so obvious.

Am I wright?

Tks for this forum!
Cornel

"choose" correct in the context #19 (permalink) Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 am   "choose" correct in the context

Hello everybody!

I think Alan is absolutely right - the answer is "choose" but taken in the given context. If we overlook these 10 questions we see there is a logical order, a conversation. This question is connected to the previous questions where the ideea was to choose a question. Well, the word "things" in this question refers to "questions". Taken off the context, the word "things" can have various meanings so the answer wouldn,t be so obvious.

Am I wright?

Tks for this forum!
Cornel

"choose" correct in the context #20 (permalink) Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 am   "choose" correct in the context

Hello everybody!

Am I wright?

Tks for this forum!
Cornel

Difference between choose and find #21 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:22 am   Difference between choose and find

There are so many things and in spite of it I can't find any. It's too dificalt! That is wrong? There are so many questions that it's difficult to choose.I consider a logical order. I am right? Sorry, Cornel. I did not see your post at first. Where are you from?
Roza

Difference between choose and find #22 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2011 18:13 pm   Difference between choose and find

Hi, sir will you please esplain the difference between "follow " and "choose".Thanks.
Amisa77

Difference between choose and find #23 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2011 18:15 pm   Difference between choose and find

Hi, sir will you please esplain the difference between "follow " and "choose".Thanks.
Amisa77

Difference between choose and find #24 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2011 20:49 pm   Difference between choose and find

http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/follow
http://www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictionary.com/dictionary/choose
Language Coach

Difference between choose and find #25 (permalink) Sat May 21, 2011 11:40 am   Difference between choose and find

Hello,

I'm not so sure why "choose" is the right answer not "find"? I think this it depends on situation.
eg: There are so many things that it's difficult to find ( we say it when we can't find out s.th eg: happiness, warmness, lucky, etc.)
eg: There are so many things that it's difficult to choose ( we say it when we have many options to choose eg: work or study, marriend or single, to be an employee or employer, and so on).
Could you give me example clearer than this?

Thanks...
Pengbunheang

Difference between choose and find #26 (permalink) Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm   Difference between choose and find

If you choose you decide which thing/person you want out of the ones that are available.

'Find' has a number of usages, which you will find listed here. as a verb and here as a noun.
Language Coach

Difference between choose and find #27 (permalink) Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:16 pm   Difference between choose and find

Hi,
My first answer for this question is 'follow'. Now I know the correct answer is 'choose'. Thank you Allan! Thank you Kitosdad!
Joyce2012
You can meet me at english-test.net

why in this sentence we can not use leaved? | There's little hope
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/inter-222, Question 4Test incompl/inter-222, User's Answer 3Test incompl/elem-191, User's Answer 10What does pass away mean?Takes afterIs I ate already correct?Total confusion!What does the latest news mean?How can cat be sitting on a wall?Difference between SURELY and CERTAINLYWhat does speak up mean?Difference between supressed and muffledWhat does this phrase mean: "I don't care"? Is it an idiom?