period of time that something continues
fee
adult
duration
removal

Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return)

Some tips on punctuation from Mister Micawber | Dialogue used in American English?
Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return) #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 am   Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return)

who can get me the answer to change this command sentence from direct to indirect speech:
Layla said to me ;to wait here until she return
_________________
MMA
Mohammad Ahmad

Location: Iraq

indirect/direct speech question #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:16 am   indirect/direct speech question

Hi, I am mohammad Ahmad studient in the translation English to arabic / collage of Art/ Iraq /- evening study
my birth date/ 1951, I come here to devlop my language , I find this program the best one that I had seen in internet
_________________
MMA
Mohammad Ahmad

Location: Iraq

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return) #3 (permalink) Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 am   Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return)

Layla said to me, "Wait here until I return."
Layla told me to wait here until she returned.
Barb_D

Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return) #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:49 am   Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return)

well but if I said :
Layla told me to wait there until she come, what is the answer then? please I wait your cleverness!
_________________
MMA
Mohammad Ahmad

Location: Iraq

Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return) #5 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 am   Indirect/direct speech question (Layla said to me; to wait here until she return)

Hi Mohammad

The decision to use 'here' or 'there' in reported speech depends on whether the speaker is still at the location that was referred to as 'here' in the direct speech.

If the speaker is in a different place when the sentence is reported, then you need to use 'there':
- Layla told me to wait there until she came back.
.
_________________

difference between after getting vs after gotCould vs Can (Is it correct to say, 'I think I could get the job'?)Expression "unless he be a lunatic"Did you know the origin of the word wiki?What is the difference between connectors and transition signals?"He said, she is happy"- In any situation, is this correct?do it in a jiffy?Prat the British version of "jerk"?Problem with preposition (during, for, before, etc.)meaning of "kicking the tires"Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, and its KNOW HOW featuremeaning of "the tragic futlity of his ordinary"phrase 'to give help and sympathy someone'