inhabitant; one who lives in a particular location
resident
embrace
remit
gate

Native speakers wanted!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anyone "Linkedin" | Crocodile Dundee was German
Native speakers wanted! #76 (permalink) Thu Mar 12, 2009 22:55 pm   Native speakers wanted!

Kitosdad wrote:
Jimb0678, it has to be more neutral than American, surely. ( Geordielad ) LOL.

You might be right there. xD

I've recorded a sample and sent it to Torsten, who has kindly put it up in the usual place. Hopefully you'll all be able to understand it.

EDIT: It would seem the recording under my name (James Gilbert) isn't of my voice. Perhaps it's just me...
Jimb0678

Location: England

Native speakers wanted! #77 (permalink) Tue May 12, 2009 12:16 pm   Native speakers wanted!

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out -- now you can listen to your sample recording (number 17).

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio commercial for discounts on major appliances

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Listenings - Brandee #78 (permalink) Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 pm   Listenings - Brandee

Hi, I am an ESL teacher and I was listening to a recording made by Brandee - the one with the story of Andrew, the man who never went anywhere without his coat. I noticed that in her recording she made a few errors in reading the words, and I feel it is really important that English learners hear words read correctly: She read the word 'anecdote' as 'antidote', pronounced the River Thames using the 'th' as in 'the' and the 'a' as in 'tame' and read the word 'palpable' as 'palapable' - (a new word in English, perhaps?) I don't mean to be overly critical and if it were just a question of accent I wouldn't have said anything, but these are actual errors in reading and lower the standard of what you offer. I hope this is found to be constructive.
HunnyBee

Native Speakers #79 (permalink) Fri Oct 02, 2009 19:19 pm   Native Speakers

I would like to know if you are still looking for Native speakers of the English language?
Ritz

Native speakers wanted! #80 (permalink) Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:12 am   Native speakers wanted!

Yes we are.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Restaurant on the lake

My recording posted #81 (permalink) Mon Nov 30, 2009 23:01 pm   My recording posted

You'll see my first recording posted at the end of the list here, under the name Scott Jack. I've sent a second to Torsten that should have less background noise that the first.

Please feel free to give your thoughts!
Scojac

Native speakers wanted! #82 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 am   Native speakers wanted!

Hi Torsten,

I'll send an MP3 in the next couple of days. I'm a native speaker and an ESL teacher at a major Australian university (I'm half British and spend time there also so I would say I have a pretty clear and easy-to-understand accent!).

When do you think you might start the project?

Sarah Norman.
Snorman

newcomer #83 (permalink) Thu Feb 03, 2011 21:18 pm   newcomer

hi all, i just sent my demo recording yesterday. im realy exited about this. but i registered with the site and i got an email asking what language I want to learn, ive done something wrong. any dab hands with advice for a newcomer would be welcome. hi torsten, i attached the mp3 to an email and sent it, is that what i need to do? are you stiil looking for native speakers?
Lewis.D.young

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
free (international) conference callsmaking friendsIs the DVD on its way out?First film remote Amazon rainforest tribeYour feedback on the new shop?Zeitgeist 3The Haunting in ConnecticutFemale Irish Travel writer Dervla Murphy to join Irish boat in flotilla to GazaInformal english?Problems with interviewsWhich Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?Country I'd like to visitClay figures go home