to assign to a duty; to station; to publicize; to advertise
recover
conceal
post
succeed

The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Why is the answer 'backs'? Is is the substitute for 'body'? | "put up" vs. "bring up"
The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 am   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

ESL/EFL Test #110 "Postcard: Job", question 4

Slowly the work ......... easier

(a) developed
(b) turned
(c) easier

ESL/EFL Test #110 "Postcard: Job", answer 4

Slowly the work easier easier

Correct answer: (c) easier

Slowly the work turned easier
_________________________

correct sentence should be "Slowly the work turned easier ". why it choose easier as the correct word.
Micky

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:41 am   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

.
The correct answer ('became') is not listed. There seems to be a glitch in the answer sheet- we'll fix it. Thanks for drawing this to our attention.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:59 am   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Hi Charles and Micky,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. The change will appear with the new update in a few days.

TOEIC short conversations: An employee asks a colleague to help with getting the new printer to work

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:23 am   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

y 'got easier ' cont i say 'turned easier' wud u please give me the reasion
Myfrndzz

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:38 am   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

.
No, 'the job turned easier' is not natural. That formation only appears in some situations: 'the fight turned ugly'; 'the weather turned bad'.
.
_________________

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #6 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 16:10 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Dear Mr. Torsten:
In this exercise there are two mistakes:
First of all : answer page contains answers from different exercise: as follows ESL/EFL Test #110 "Postcard: Job", question 4 , but we have exercise #90, question 4.
Secondly, the wrong answer is still there and waiting for updating!
Best rigards,
Radmilo
Radmilo

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #7 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 19:30 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Hi Radmilo,

If you take the test again you will see that did correct the mistake: http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ei110/esl-test.php

TOEIC listening, talks: A radio traffic update reports problems including an accident as well as road works

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #8 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 23:00 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

.
'See have did'??
.
_________________

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #9 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 13:51 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Hi Torsten,

OK, I see!
Radmilo

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #10 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 13:54 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Mister Micawber wrote:
.
'See have did'??
.

See that we did ;-). Thanks for pointing this out!

TOEIC listening, talks: Audio advert in supermarket announcing the latest special offers

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #11 (permalink) Fri Feb 12, 2010 17:09 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

there was nothing changed since 2003 ! the same glitch u find in 2010 - seven years later
Carlsoak

Location: Hannover Germany, Pittsburgh USA, London UK

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #12 (permalink) Fri Feb 12, 2010 17:13 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

Mister Micawber wrote: the job became easier - there is no "became" in the answer shett yet
Carlsoak

The job got easier vs. the job became easier? #13 (permalink) Fri Feb 12, 2010 17:13 pm   The job got easier vs. the job became easier?

sheet sorry
Carlsoak

But to each to his own - I guess the second "to" is a typo.To be in the hen house"Coming to call"Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?'Who' is a relative pronoun and is used to begin relative clauses...At the end of the day?newborn vs toddlerpuppies vs cubsall the body parts can be a verb?When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...Define export potential'A few' for countable nouns.On the horizon vs under the horizon.