system of knowledge gained by research; specific field of systematic knowledge; skill; proficiency
situation
implement
enlargement
science

What is personal possession?

Idiom "lock, stock and barrel" is still in use today? | Sentence: After the revolution, the ex-president eventually found a safe...
What is personal possession? #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 26, 2008 0:14 am   What is personal possession?

ESL/EFL Test #496 "Personal Possessions", question 5

The value of landscape trees, used for many architectural, engineering, climatic and aesthetic purposes, is normally greater than the dollar value of the marketable wood they contain, and a realistic ......... of landscape trees is often required to settle legal disputes, damage claims or casualty loss.

(a) appraisal
(b) assessment
(c) estimate
(d) estimation

ESL/EFL Test #496 "Personal Possessions", answer 5

The value of landscape trees, used for many architectural, engineering, climatic and aesthetic purposes, is normally greater than the dollar value of the marketable wood they contain, and a realistic appraisal of landscape trees is often required to settle legal disputes, damage claims or casualty loss.

Correct answer: (a) appraisal
_________________________

what is personal possession?

Omerra
Omerra

What is personal possession? #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 am   What is personal possession?

.
You have it.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of the word "Search" as idiomMeaning of "Will you pick up the tab for dinner?"What does reason mean?deal vs executeslang for an athleteWhy do you use "other" in the sentence?meaning of "throw in the towel"meaning of "keep your chin up"what is the meaning of pathetic?Fair vs. fare?The sea was very calm?adapt vs accommodateWhat does 'get hold of' mean?