to think over; to believe; to regard; to take into account
part
consider
default
research

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

meaning of 'Pipe down' | his own flesh and blood
What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:15 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn't repair it. If that isn't Murphy's ........., I don't know what is!

(a) Rule
(b) Case
(c) Law
(d) Tale

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn't repair it. If that isn't Murphy's Law, I don't know what is!

Correct answer: (c) Law

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn't repair it. If that isn't Murphy's Tale, I don't know what is!
_________________________

I got it wrong! What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence.
Phem

Location: Philippines

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:32 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Murphy's Law - Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong!

It is a term used to describe the phenomenon that bad luck sticks with you once you challenge fate.
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Learn more: How to Become an English Teacher
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Murphy's Law #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:41 pm   Murphy's Law

Ralf wrote:

Hi Mr Ralf,

Thanks a lot and now I know.

Phem
Phem

Location: Philippines

Test and other things #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:47 pm   Test and other things

Don't you think That's a bit much that you always delete my photo about the score board. this is my third attempt. I was always and I had been disappeared.
25th November 2010.
Kati svaby
_________________

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #5 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:53 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Hi Kati, this might be one of the bugs we are trying to fix after we started migrating the site to our new server. So, are you talking about the top learners list?

TOEIC listening, talks: Tour guide is giving information on various buildings during sightseeing tour

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:55 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Hi Kati, I've just checked and I DO see your photo here: http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ii291/esl-test.php#one

TOEIC listening, talks: Supervisor is showing new employee office and eating facilities

The Sistine Chapel in Italy?kind of busyThe platypus has a bill like a duck does on its face?Do or commit a crime?I like them both.I'm ready for a lift.an identifying symbolhe would have an albatross around his neck?weed vs. tossback seat driverWhat is the idiom for 'good cook'?He admires his boss?What does sabotage mean?