Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to think over; to believe; to regard; to take into account
part
consider
research
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
meaning of 'Pipe down' | his own flesh and blood
listening exercises
What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:15 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #291 "English Slang Idioms (13)", question 1

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn't repair it. If that isn't Murphy's ........., I don't know what is!

(a) Rule
(b) Case
(c) Law
(d) Tale

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #291 "English Slang Idioms (13)", answer 1

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn't repair it. If that isn't Murphy's Law, I don't know what is!

Correct answer: (c) Law

Your answer was: incorrect
Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn't repair it. If that isn't Murphy's Tale, I don't know what is!

I got it wrong! What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence.
Phem
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:32 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Murphy's Law - Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong!

It is a term used to describe the phenomenon that bad luck sticks with you once you challenge fate.
Ralf
Language Coach
Ralf Breheny

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Murphy's Law #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:41 pm   Murphy's Law

Ralf wrote:
Murphy's Law - Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong!

It is a term used to describe the phenomenon that bad luck sticks with you once you challenge fate.

Hi Mr Ralf,

Thanks a lot and now I know.

Regards,
Phem
Phem
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Test and other things #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:47 pm   Test and other things

Don't you think That's a bit much that you always delete my photo about the score board. this is my third attempt. I was always and I had been disappeared.
25th November 2010.
Kati svaby

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #5 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:53 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Hi Kati, this might be one of the bugs we are trying to fix after we started migrating the site to our new server. So, are you talking about the top learners list?

TOEIC listening, talks: Tour guide is giving information on various buildings during sightseeing tour
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence? #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:55 pm   What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

Hi Kati, I've just checked and I DO see your photo here: http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ii291/esl-test.php#one

TOEIC listening, talks: Supervisor is showing new employee office and eating facilities
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

meaning of 'Pipe down' | his own flesh and blood
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
The Sistine Chapel in Italy?kind of busyThe platypus has a bill like a duck does on its face?Do or commit a crime?I like them both.I'm ready for a lift.an identifying symbolhe would have an albatross around his neck?weed vs. tossback seat driverWhat is the idiom for 'good cook'?He admires his boss?What does sabotage mean?