to presume to be true; to hypothesize; to believe
grant
remember
dot
suppose

Is this a use of the 'get-passive'?

Usage of the word "Search" as idiom | What does 'brought the house down' mean?
Is this a use of the 'get-passive'? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:07 am   Is this a use of the 'get-passive'?

"Jim got caught stealing from the country store. I am not surprised since his brother had got caught earlier for the same thing. It's a case of monkey see, monkey ......... in my opinion," Jack told his wife when she brought up the neighbors' kids.

(a) copy
(b) do
(c) perpetuate
(d) learn

"Jim got caught stealing from the country store. I am not surprised since his brother had got caught earlier for the same thing. It's a case of monkey see, monkey do in my opinion," Jack told his wife when she brought up the neighbors' kids.

Correct answer: (b) do
_________________________

Jim got caught stealing
What does this Tense mean?
Paddty

Is this a use of the 'get-passive'? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 am   Is this a use of the 'get-passive'?

.
= John was caught stealing. This is a use of the 'get-passive'.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
a turn for the better vs. a turn for the bestWhat does the slang expression "a hang-up" mean?What's the most famous bridge in London?suited vs. adjustedWhat does 'to rule the house' mean?whats the meaning of flea market?What does ferry mean?Meaning of "Will you pick up the tab for dinner?"What does get around mean?What does reason mean?deal vs executeslang for an athleteWhy do you use "other" in the sentence?