Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

rational; logical; intelligent; wise; plausible; likely; credible
reasonable
widespread
firm
correct
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

whats the meaning of flea market?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does ferry mean? | meaning of "everything in the garden is lovely"
listening exercises
whats the meaning of flea market? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 29, 2008 15:00 pm   whats the meaning of flea market?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #43 "American Slang Words (17)", question 7

We went to a flea market and everything was up for grabs at good prices.

(a) stolen
(b) taken
(c) available

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #43 "American Slang Words (17)", answer 7

We went to a flea market and everything was up available at good prices.

Correct answer: (c) available

What's the meaning of flea market?

achmed
achmed

whats the meaning of flea market? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 29, 2008 15:58 pm   whats the meaning of flea market?

Hi, Achmed! As far as I know "flea market" is a place where used goods and antiques are sold . Also some goods of good quality can be sold there for crazy low prices. It's 99 percent stolen from stores, and then sold to others runnin the flea. Get the nicest name brands for cheap, things that cost 70 dollars for 20. You can get everything there from jerseys, jeans, shoes, knives to jewelry. Flea Market is usually held outdoors and only opened early on Saturdays and Sundays.
I hope my explanation was clear :).
Bye,

Maryann
Maryann
I'm here quite often ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does ferry mean? | meaning of "everything in the garden is lovely"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
'walk in single file' sv 'walk in solitary file'What does the idiom 'to burst at the seams' mean?a turn for the better vs. a turn for the bestWhat does the slang expression "a hang-up" mean?What's the most famous bridge in London?suited vs. adjustedWhat does 'to rule the house' mean?What does 'brought the house down' mean?Is this a use of the 'get-passive'?Usage of the word "Search" as idiomMeaning of "Will you pick up the tab for dinner?"What does get around mean?What does reason mean?