to influence; to affect strongly; to collide; to squeeze in
impact
install
replay
fuel

What does fire mean in Greek?

'walk in single file' sv 'walk in solitary file' | What does the word flung mean?
What does fire mean in Greek? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 30, 2008 22:45 pm   What does fire mean in Greek?

"So, he told you that you weren't very good at problem solving. What would he know? That ......... head isn't any good at problem solving or anything else for that matter," Sally said to Ken.

(a) fat
(b) big
(c) empty
(d) red

"So, he told you that you weren't very good at problem solving. What would he know? That fat head isn't any good at problem solving or anything else for that matter," Sally said to Ken.

Correct answer: (a) fat
_________________________

Meaning of fire in greek
Adonis

What does fire mean in Greek? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:11 am   What does fire mean in Greek?

.
'Fire' is not Greek; it is English.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does fire mean in Greek? #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:24 pm   What does fire mean in Greek?

Hi Harald,

Fire means φωτιά (fotia) in Greek.

TOEIC short conversations: Storing boxes at an office

What does fire mean in Greek? #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 13:48 pm   What does fire mean in Greek?

I know that comments on these tests are unwelcome. However, the correct expression is not "fat head", but "fathead" or "fat-head". See for instance Merriam-Webster; also the OED.

"Fat head" is likely to be regarded as an ESL-ish error, if a student uses it elsewhere.

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

What does fire mean in Greek? #5 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 13:59 pm   What does fire mean in Greek?

.
It's fixed now, MrP, and thanks. (It may not appear until the next database update, though).
.
_________________

What does fire mean in Greek? #6 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 21:38 pm   What does fire mean in Greek?

Thank you very much, Mister M!

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

Means "cheat on" in this case "unfaithful"?what is the opposite meaning of abhor?What do you mean by "incidentally"?consider vs. concernWhat does 'keep up to date' mean?We drove the car -- irregular verbs?What's the meaning of rap?What does waxed mean?What's the difference between knot and hole?What does the idiom 'to burst at the seams' mean?a turn for the better vs. a turn for the bestWhat does the slang expression "a hang-up" mean?What's the most famous bridge in London?