Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

occurring at fixed intervals; normal; usual; ordinary; common
dismal
terrible
perfect
regular
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Expression "A holiday at school"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
all-you-can-eat | Difference between waiver and waver
listening exercises
Expression "A holiday at school" #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 04, 2005 18:44 pm   Expression "A holiday at school"

Test No. incompl/elem-7 "Modals", question 7

They ......... do their homework today because it is a holiday at the school.

(a) must not
(b) don't have
(c) don't have to

Test No. incompl/elem-7 "Modals", answer 7

They don't have to do their homework today because it is a holiday at the school.

Correct answer: (c) don't have to

Your answer was: correct

Is it right to say at school?

Ella
Ella
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

A holiday at school #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 06, 2005 19:48 pm   A holiday at school

Yes, a holiday at school is the correct expression.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Happy scholars
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Expression "A holiday at school" #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

why it's not use "must not"?
Lisa_Mard

Expression "A holiday at school" #4 (permalink) Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

"You must not do your homework" means you are not allowed to do your homework or that you don't have permission to do your homework.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A private airplane
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Expression "A holiday at school" #5 (permalink) Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:03 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

ooo I see.
Thank you torsten
Lisa_Mard

Expression "A holiday at school" #6 (permalink) Tue Jan 12, 2010 14:28 pm   Expression "A holiday at school"

Dear Sir,
Yameen is here again. I want to speak english Fluently, Can you please help me. How can I improve?
Regards
Yameen

Expression "A holiday at school" #7 (permalink) Wed Nov 10, 2010 14:47 pm   Expression "A holiday at school"

Dear Sir,

I don't know well how to use 'ought to'. My first question is to know if ought to is the verb? Is it possible to say in infinitif form "to ought to" ?

Thanks for more explanations.

Olive
Mukasengayi

Expression "A holiday at school" #8 (permalink) Tue May 03, 2011 1:49 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

Dear sir,
am actually new to this place so couldn't get american english,am poor at english. its very difficult to me. can you please tell me how can i improve my english so fast and fluently .
regards lilly
Hemalath102

Expression "A holiday at school" #9 (permalink) Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

Dear sir,
am actually new to this place so couldn't get american english,am poor at english. its very difficult to me. can you please tell me how can i improve my english so fast and fluently .
regards lilly
Hemalath102

Expression "A holiday at school" #10 (permalink) Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

Dear sir,
regards lilly
Hemalath102

Expression "A holiday at school" #11 (permalink) Tue May 03, 2011 7:08 am   Expression "A holiday at school"

Welcome to the forums, Hemalath,
There is no easy answer to improving English. You have to work at it regularly.
When you have a specific question about English, please post it. We'll be happy to try to help. Meanwhile take a look at the lessons and exercises for general advice.
Language Coach

all-you-can-eat | Difference between waiver and waver
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
admit ofcome of vs come fromreschedule your appointmentMeaning of Graphics test........... please help mecoughing spellsonly 11 chaptersDoes enamored mean to be in love?take a showerMy shift ends at about 5:30 pm.I'm starting to get angry?What does furnished mean?"on 23 April" vs. "at 23 April"Meaning of cliche / cliches