Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person or thing which promotes; expeditor
premises
enclosure
facilitator
dealing
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about?
An Art Studio in Punta Gorda | Wikinomics?
listening exercises
Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 02, 2008 14:42 pm   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi,

Please share your feedback on the audio version of What a performance.

Many thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Helpful suggestion
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 02, 2008 18:39 pm   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi Torsten

I thought Brandee read this at a more natural speed, and succeeded in reading it in an interesting way. The sound quality didn't seem to be quite as good as on her first recording -- but that may only reflect the fact that I'm at a different PC today. (I'll try to listen again next time I'm at a different PC.)

She had a couple of little stumbles, and I noticed that she read a typo exactly as it appeared in the text. I think the typo more than the occasional verbal stumble might tend to lead to learner questions and confusion (i.e. I can imagine a learner asking this: "Why is it OK to say two daughter?")

The main grammar focus was present continuous, and I'd be interested in what others think about the fact that the spoken text did not contain the contractions that are so typical in spoken English. I can see pros and cons both ways.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #3 (permalink) Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:38 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I've removed the "daughter" typo. Did you spot any other errors in the written text?
Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Business interview
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #4 (permalink) Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:01 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Torsten wrote:
Hi,

Please share your feedback on the audio version of What a performance.

Many thanks,
Torsten

Sounds to me as if she's reading as she speaks. A bit lifeless.
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #5 (permalink) Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

hi there I love it, but I'm so much interested about the audio, how would I download the audio? would that be possible..?
it's great to share to my students very informative specially the tenses of verb..

regards
sanunai
Sanunai
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #6 (permalink) Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:46 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi Sanunai,

You can download some of the MP3 audio recordings here.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, question-response: Whose turn is it to refill the ink?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #7 (permalink) Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:10 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Torsten,

Thank you so much I can use this Mp3 to my class, since we're trying to upgrade
some curriculum for the training of English Language, Although I haven't try to download some
because I'm still out of town for some corporate meeting!

Mabuhay! God Bless

Regards,

Sanunai
Sanunai

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #8 (permalink) Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi, please help me to realize..
'I'm not attending next year's festival ' = I'm not going to the festival next year..Is it equal?
When can we use Present Continuous in the future meaning?
What does construction 'I am being' mean? (I am being perfectly serious)

Best reagrds.
Romashka

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #9 (permalink) Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:59 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

I have found the answer for the first question (In next lesson :)) I was in a hurry to ask=)
Romashka

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #10 (permalink) Sun Mar 22, 2009 16:53 pm   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

What Alan meant was, that he was being overly critical of the performers.

They weren't really that bad.

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #11 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:27 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi Romashka,
Hi, please help me to realize..
'I'm not attending next year's festival ' = I'm not going to the festival next year..Is it equal?
The present continuous to say what you have already arranged to do. In the sentence, She decided that she don't want to come there again.
you can also use " I'm not going to somewhere". I think, there is no different in two way. But you must note: go to somewhere and attend something.
cheer!
Pmoon

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #12 (permalink) Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 am   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi teachers,

I think it would be nice if you provide tests regarding to this story as you did with the story "It never gets you anywhere". I really liked doing tests about "It never gets you anywhere" last time.
Actually I hopped that after listening and reading the story "What a performance!", I could do some tests, but there isn't any one. Tests regarding to the texts or stories are always good for students to remember new words and to understand the ideas of the stories. Please provide some tests. Thank you.

Have a nice day!
Hoa

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #13 (permalink) Wed Mar 10, 2010 16:38 pm   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

I want to know the meaning of fidgeting

Many thanks

Tania
Maddy
I'm here quite often ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #14 (permalink) Thu Jul 08, 2010 14:26 pm   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

I am Kiny from Costa Rica,.. I am happy to ear all this lessons and recording this help me a lot in my listen English lesson .. Thanks a lot for this articles.. keep performing them for all of us...
Kiny1965

Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!) #15 (permalink) Sun Jul 18, 2010 14:27 pm   Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi, Alan!

Explain me please what is "theatre of the ridiculous"?
Rissa

An Art Studio in Punta Gorda | Wikinomics?
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
A little story about shanty town - Part IVA little story about shanty town - Part IIIA little story about shanty town - Part IIA little story about shanty townLaishley Park Florida tourNaples Pier and TourAt the Naples Art FestivalWho remembers this?What is a Wholesale Club?Obama's familyMeeting a professional photographerBasics of modern photographyAt the Peace River Wildlife Center