Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

motivating; stimulating; encouraging; provoking; inhaling
inspiring
quiet
exclusively
immediate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL Forum | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions
Feedback on audio recording (7 Relative Pronouns) | Suggestion, Comments on my letter writing
listening exercises
Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 02, 2008 14:53 pm   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi,

How do you like the audio version of 5 Progressive Forms - going, going, gone?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Contract revisions
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:35 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hai Torsten,

It is very interesting, and informative. Helps a lot to improve the listening and understanding ability. place more of such recordings please.

Harikumar
Harikumar

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:54 pm   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi dear trainers!
Some lessons have a link in the bottom to a proper test but not the all. Sometimes it's not so easy to compare a lesson with a test. Maybe I just don't know where to search, could you suggest something?
Romashka
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 05, 2009 15:56 pm   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Torsten wrote:
Hi,

How do you like the audio version of 5 Progressive Forms - going, going, gone?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Regards,
Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I have a doubt,can you please clear that, In the following sentences where we have to use "are" and "were".

1.They [u]are [/u]going to spend the holiday again in Majorca
2.They were going to spend the holiday again in Majorca.
Sribabu2004

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #5 (permalink) Fri Nov 06, 2009 17:02 pm   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi Sribabu,
I'm not Torsten, but I am going to make an attempt to clear your issue.

1. We use 'are going to' to make a future sense in the present. For example, I'm going to finish my explanation to you.
2. We use 'was/were going to' to make a future sense in the past. For example, I was going to explain you about 'are/were' a minute ago.

Hope it was helpful for you.
Best regards, Roman
Romashka

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #6 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:33 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi, Torsten

"Andrew just couldn't handle it"
Does the sentence mean that he just couldn't believe it?

Thanks in advance

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 20, 2010 19:33 pm   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Thanks for the lesson its very awesome i love and its helpful .
Usher.fitz

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #8 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:49 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Thanks! Exellent content! I took great pleasure in reading it.
Rissa

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #9 (permalink) Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:43 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

In six months' time I shall be sitting on a sunny beach somewhere and I shall be reading my favorite book.» my question is can i use will instead of shall plzzz tel me diff bet shall & will
Acar044

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #10 (permalink) Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi Acar,

'Shall' and 'will' are often interchangeable, and you can use 'will' in your sentence without any change of meaning.
Language Coach

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #11 (permalink) Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi Beeesnees,

In this story I found the expression “she half expected”, what does it means?

The sentences is:

As Daisy was casually opening the envelope she half expected to have won a set of hairbrushes or a bottle of champagne.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards.
Lobo
I'm here quite often ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #12 (permalink) Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:26 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi Geo777,

I think this explanation can help you with your question (I found it in www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictuinary.com).

I've got to go. I can't handle it any more (= deal with a difficult situation).

Cheers.
Lobo
I'm here quite often ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #13 (permalink) Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:26 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Lobo wrote:
Hi Beeesnees,

In this story I found the expression “she half expected”, what does it means?

The sentences is:

As Daisy was casually opening the envelope she half expected to have won a set of hairbrushes or a bottle of champagne.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards.

She expected to find... would indicate that she regarded it as very likely to happen

She half-expected to find... indicates that she regarded it as a possibility and would not be completely surprised, but it is less probable than the above expression.
Language Coach

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #14 (permalink) Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Acar044 wrote:
In six months' time I shall be sitting on a sunny beach somewhere and I shall be reading my favorite book.» my question is can i use will instead of shall plzzz tel me diff bet shall & will

You can use shall or will. There's very little difference. They both emphasise the intention to carry out this action.
Language Coach

Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms) #15 (permalink) Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 am   Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

It is very interesting
Liormaximov

Feedback on audio recording (7 Relative Pronouns) | Suggestion, Comments on my letter writing
ESL Forum | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on English Forums
How to delete a post?how i can send messageenglish-test.net on android?please check my storyI have wrote motivation lettler to study master degree in China..I willl send itLearning about lifeEvolution of money. Please check.ETN should have sentence correction tests.Thank you for the helpJAVAFeedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms), page 2How to stop timer?Everything in blue...