Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

contract by which property or persons are guaranteed against damage or loss
insurance
ranches
coin
implication
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
the first | Talking in English
listening exercises
Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 02, 2008 14:55 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Hi,

How do you like the audio version of 6 Passive Voice or Haunted?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions to a co-worker who is on her way to a factory
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 27, 2008 22:19 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Hi Sir

It's my dream, very important step to learning and understanding the English (I think so), I have like story from BBC , but here is no possibility
to work same ,here I have seen the right way, very very good,
My apologies for my mistakes

Igor (step777)
Step777

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:46 am   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

I liked it. It was funny.
Thank you. :)
Mouna

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

836 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hi,

My message.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Feedback #5 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 13:38 pm   Feedback

I have finished the reading!!

What the constructions in italics is am/are/is/was/were + V-ed .

Is that right?? :roll:

Millicent
Millicentnow

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #6 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 13:45 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Alan wrote:
Hi,

My message.

Alan

Alan, why can't I link your voices?? There is sth. wrong with your link. :(

Millicent
Millicentnow

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #7 (permalink) Tue Dec 02, 2008 13:48 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Hi Millicent,

You probably need to install Java: How to listen to voice messages?

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Anthropology
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #8 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 20:23 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

hallow thank you about this course but when press to got the audio the audio respond the file con't found,what i can do,thank you
Zaza

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #9 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 0:30 am   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

:D Let me tell you that it is an excellent material. Congratulations for this fantastic idea. Now, we students have got a chance to listen, then, read, and listen again looking and not the texts. I am feeling very happy about your English Programs. Congratulations again, and go ahead, that you are the best ones.
Julio

Passive voice #10 (permalink) Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:20 am   Passive voice

Excerpt from the article:
"By the time it was bought by my aunt and uncle some two hundred years later it had been owned by a long list of different people whose names are recorded on the title deeds. As it is situated by the sea, it became a favourite place for various members of the family to visit. It also had an added attraction — it was haunted, at least so my uncle said"

I understand the actions of the reader should be in the past tense since it happened in the past. But what i am confused about is the use of present tense : "is situated" "Are recorded" at the same time... When is it ok to use different tenses?

:?
thanks,
kai
Cacaydv

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #11 (permalink) Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:24 am   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Hi Kai,

Since the house has always been situated by the sea and the names have been recorded for a long time, we can use the present tense because both those facts are still true today.

Let me know if this answers your question.
Many thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: A heavy truck load
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #12 (permalink) Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:01 am   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Hi Torsten!

Yup, it did answer my confusion. Many thanks!

Kai
Cacaydv

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #13 (permalink) Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 am   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Respected sir torsten,

Thanks for your reply. Sir I want to know the difference of (passive voice and active) and want to know “the passive voice mostly uses which in tens?”

Best regards

Nice Rose
Nice Rose
You can meet me at english-test.net

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #14 (permalink) Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:09 am   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

Hi Rose,

Please read Passive Voice.

Also, the following list contains pages with information on the passive voice: Passive Voice Pages

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, question-response: How much does the package weigh?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted) #15 (permalink) Tue Apr 21, 2009 13:17 pm   Feedback on audio recording (6 Passive Voice or Haunted)

sir torsten,

It’s a first time I have receive your reply on the forums. I’m really happy today.

Nice Rose
Nice Rose
You can meet me at english-test.net

the first | Talking in English
ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
best friendGreetings from Ecuador. Trying to improve my speaking for the TOEFL®Accent in 'The Planet of the Apes'?A little Help Pleasemy first speaking practisecontemporary artthis is my first recording.My first voice messageNeed TOEFL® speaking partner for trainingMy first recording, please commentWhere is she from?Listening to Englishspeaking practice for toefl® test