but; besides
above
within
except
concerning

Listening comprehension and spelling test?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Speak fluently | Pronunciation of "wooed"
Listening comprehension and spelling test? #211 (permalink) Mon Sep 16, 2013 16:16 pm   Listening comprehension and spelling test?

Good evening sir,

It's really a big help for me to be enrolled in this course. I am learning new things about English. And I am always encourage by the messages that I read to continue learning. Before I am afraid to write something or ask questions about the lesson or word that is not clear to me. But know I am gaining little trust in myself. The test I used to answers when I go to it gives me learning not only about grammars but also about other things. Like for example the kinds of animals and where they live.
Olivers

Raymond hearing test #212 (permalink) Fri Oct 18, 2013 14:15 pm   Raymond hearing test

Hi to everyone, here is my hearing test about Raymond tales. Honestly that recording was too long for me ...so I did a part of it and hopefully professionals can assess it :)

And I was a cook for cowboys,and then I get to photography moved back to West Hartford to do more with photography.
And then I decided to go to Washington D.C. and see if I can find work there.
Meanwhile I had met a German girl in West Hartford Connecticut.And we kept a contact.

Eh, when I moved down to Virginia which is near Washington she able back to Germany.
And I didn`t like Virginia as much as I far I would, and she had mentioned that I should have to come and visit her in Germany...
and so I did and this was back in 1996. So when I came in Germany I had no plans to stay
for a long time but no plans not to stay for a long timne.So my original plan was to stay
with her and to land German and to see Germany and that was 1996.
And now is 2003 almost 2004.Eh..in a meantime we broke up but I stayed in Leipzig because, life is good here.
When I first came to Leipzig my impression was much different because this is only six years after the fall of the Berlin wall.
And many things are not exist for example, take away coffee or there was very difficult to find a decent sandwich.Not all buildings had been renovated so there was very grey.
I was not use a winter suit which wore in comparison to a Connecticut, nothing extreme
but mostly grey and the winter in Connecticut are typically very,very cold with snow.
And here is not as cold and if there is snow it lasts about 24 hours before disappears so I really
find time to go ski here,but really can`t go ski here because is no mountains.The best thing you can find is a hill
somewhere...find a sled so you have to be real fast here in Leipzig to go sledding.Well
I came in Germany I worked as a photographer I work measuring apartments anything I can to basically survive.I helped edit texts and then finally I started teaching English.
My first teaching experience in English was very difficult I didn`t quite understand all the conceptive English I mean I studied that in college but very hard works.And time teach it two different things.
So I have to relearn how to English work for me to teach it.Also when I arrived I had learn German. So learning German and teaching English learning German how to teach English.
Then I understood how people learn languages so.. I do I been here for six or seven years my German not is good as it could be.
But I can read newspapers ,texts and understand them fully I still haven`t quite manage to speak like a German. German`s sentiment they have away of using their words, which no foreign can be quite master you have to be German to be master in German I think.

My end came that time....
Konstantins

Location: Bristol UK

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Listening comprehension and spelling test? #213 (permalink) Thu May 15, 2014 20:03 pm   Listening comprehension and spelling test?

Hello forum!

I've been far from here for a very long time. Now I'm back and I'm going to make my best effort to learn with all of you. Today I started listening to Edward's recording and I have to admit, I'm complete lost. I was looking for the official transcription to read it at the same time, but I didn't find it anywhere. However, here is what I supposed I understood, of course with many ??? and sentences I really don't know what they mean and maybe they do not have any sense.

... I've been here now ??? and a half ??? and I only feel like I started to discover the best parts. For fraction I sometimes work as an English teacher ??? summer to autumns ??? other things. I breed dogs. I have two dogs, one of which is ??? and I have a young dog I've been ??? out for this summer and training every day.
I also export and buy from the former eastern countries of Germany, the former Czechoslovakia ??? to London as part of a very popular in the city at the moment and I ??? to visit it again before the end of this year. There are lots of differences between London and Leipzig but also many similarities. I do think that the people here are very friendly; perhaps because is a capital city the people don't have so much time in London. But here in Leipzig people very friendly noisy have lots of time period. And people very ??? in this city, more so than I quite imagine it's been in London ??? is also very different on a very large scale ????????????? . The weather is also very fine. There is four very distinct seasons ???? have a very cool summer, a short but hard winter, also very distinct autumn and spring too, where is a humid event we do tend to have very long autumn and spring, and a very short summer and winter.

Well, that's all. Thank you for being here to help us.
Cachita
Cachita1

Listening comprehension and spelling test? #214 (permalink) Thu May 15, 2014 23:27 pm   Listening comprehension and spelling test?

http://www.english-test.net/esl/lesson-plans/Listen_to_cockney_accent.html
Transcript:
I have been here now approximately two and a half years and I only feel like I've just started to discover the best parts. For a profession I sometimes work as an English teacher, although this summer I've done some other things.
I breed dogs. I have two dogs, one of which is currently in England and I have a young dog that I've been looking after this summer and training every day.
I also export bikes from the former Eastern countries: Germany, former Czechoslovakia, and take them to London as bikes are very popular in the city at the moment, and I intend to do this again before the end of this year.
There are lots of differences between London and Leipzig, but also many similarities. I do think that the people here are very friendly. Perhaps because it is the capital city the people don't have so much time in London, whereas here in Leipzig, people are very friendly and always have lots of time for you. People are very liberal-minded, I find, in this city. More so than what I would imagine them to be in London.
The architecture is also very different and on a very large scale in comparison to what I am used to at home. The weather is also very fine: it's four very distinct seasons, I would say: a very hot summer; a short, but hard winter, also a very distinct autumn and spring too. Whereas at home in England we do tend to have a very long autumn and spring and a very short summer and winter.
_________________

Listening comprehension and spelling test? #215 (permalink) Mon May 19, 2014 17:26 pm   Listening comprehension and spelling test?

Hello Bee,

I want to thank you for publishing that transcription. Now the Edward's record sounds a little more clear to me (and I hope, to everybody else). I'm really having a hard time trying to understand that accent. So, I have to keep listening to it and reading it, for about .. 1000 times.
I have a question. What does this sentence "People are very liberal-minded, I find, in this city." mean?

Well, have a nice day.
Cachita
Cachita1

Listening comprehension and spelling test? #216 (permalink) Mon May 19, 2014 20:46 pm   Listening comprehension and spelling test?

Cachita, if it's any consolation I don't think that Edward's accent is very easy to understand. He has a habit of running groups of words together very quickly at the beginnings and ends of his sentences.

"People are very liberal-minded, I find, in this city." = I think that people win this city are very willing to understand and respect other people's behaviour, opinions, etc, especially when they are different from their own.
_________________

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
speaking practice 2Which is more polite?I have a question ;)Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationA book you have not read but are interested in readingpronunciation "stirring"For TOEICŪ base simulatorFor TOEICŪ base simulatorSuccessful experinceplease check my pronunciation