amid; in the middle
precisely
miserably
between
hard

Conversation: The boss and his coworker

Get lost! | what does "rock and roll" mean?
Conversation: The boss and his coworker #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:34 am   Conversation: The boss and his coworker

The boss asked Bill where his coworker was. Bill responded that he was not his brother's ..........

(a) jailer
(b) keeper
(c) copper
(d) monitor

The boss asked Bill where his coworker was. Bill responded that he was not his brother's keeper.

Correct answer: (b) keeper
_________________________

what is question means

Ramanpreet
Ramanpreett

Conversation: The boss and his coworker #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 am   Conversation: The boss and his coworker

The question means: The boss asked Bill where the man was who worked with him and Bill answered and said he was not responsible for everything his brother did as he didn't look after him all the time.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
keeper #3 (permalink) Wed Nov 03, 2010 13:15 pm   keeper

There is a famous sentence from the Bible:/ Moses I.4/8 /

English Revised Version
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: am I my brother's keeper ?

Regards: Kati Svaby
_________________

newspaper circulationmany hands make light workhave they?got her feathers in a bunchTurn on vs Switch onearly retirementbring out in peoplethe world is slowly becoming hotterDo come infine words butter no parsnipsthe succeeding yearsOurs has sprung a leakbring up the elephant in the room?