guidebook; library; catalog
switchboard
taste
directory
defense

He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

What kind of nap is that one? | Will vs. might
He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:55 am   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Test No. incompl/elem-37 "Question Tags (3)", question 4

In that case he'll have to look for a new job .........

(a) shall he?
(b) won't he?
(c) isn't he?
(d) does he?

Test No. incompl/elem-37 "Question Tags (3)", answer 4

In that case he'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Correct answer: (b) won't he?

In that case he'll have to look for a new job does he?
_________________________

Why?

MyNuel
MyNuel

Question tags #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:09 am   Question tags

In the repeated question we usually use the same tense and the opposite in terms of negative/positive of the main verb. So we have:

He will, won't he?

He won't, will he?
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #3 (permalink) Tue Feb 10, 2009 15:34 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Hi Alan!

Thank you Alan! It's clear to me. I don't have many thing to say. I study grammar through stories every day. That entertains me.
I'll lear the other lesson you sent to me. Thanks again!

Jose
Jose

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 16, 2009 22:53 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Thanks you Alan!. I used to be mistake this positive/negative verb. Now after your tips, make sense for me.
Gustavo
Gustavo

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #5 (permalink) Sun Jun 07, 2009 20:29 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

THANK YOU ALAN .
Zaza

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #6 (permalink) Mon Jun 15, 2009 16:03 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Thank you Alan
I realized now how can I use questions tags, and how it's clear for me now than before.
Aryam

Location: Sweet Moon

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #7 (permalink) Thu Jul 16, 2009 14:19 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

thank you guys!!!, before tag questions for me is very hard to understand now i can fully understand it. see you in the next topic.
Reign18

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #8 (permalink) Wed Jul 22, 2009 15:22 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Hi Alan!

It's very kind to help us improving our english. Isn't it? I'm not kidind but I like to practice with you.
Thanks a lot.
Jose
Jose

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #9 (permalink) Fri Aug 21, 2009 18:29 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Hi! I would like to thank you on this particular topic which had been explained to every english learner like me. I am expecting more from you. Kehinde from Nigeria
Kehinde, Olatunji

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #10 (permalink) Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:38 am   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

hi! I would like to say thank for everything because it realy works; I realy like to know more fron you and for my parners. Alicia fron Mexico.
Alicia

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #11 (permalink) Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 am   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Hi there,

'a fraction of the cost' is it part of what you have to pay or is it something else like an idiom or some sort of phrase? Anyway that is what is meant by me.

As for 'don't pin me down with a label' it means don't blame me for something I haven't done, just because I usually do that type of thing.

ow how about that? Is it correct? Tell me its correct meaning.

Takenrerei
Takenrerei

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #12 (permalink) Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:26 am   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Thanks you Alan
I've got it how to use tag questions.
Sincerely yours, Khishge
Khishigjargal

Location: South Korea, but I am Mongolian

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #13 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:30 am   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

There are a lot of word same meaning but I don't know how to use .Ex: tell, say, inform, speak, talk
Van Ngoan
vanngoan79@yahoo.com.vn
Vanngoan79

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #14 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 22:01 pm   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

Hi Alan, I know I am a bit lazy to join the forum and particularly can not take all test, But anyway ever thing here is highly useful. Tags are however complecated but your texts has clarified many complexities so far. Thanks. A small question. What is the TAG question of phrases such as "lets go"? I think it is "Shall we?" but I am not sure.

Best
y

Sorry about the delay. Yes. you are right.

Yaqub

He'll have to look for a new job won't he? #15 (permalink) Sun May 23, 2010 6:51 am   He'll have to look for a new job won't he?

i can't do voice message
Madi

start or begin...you know the sort you can depend onTest incompl/advan-82, Question 10What does impeachment mean?Mathematics isn't his strong suit.kicking him out?Caught with his pants down? = caught redhanded?Charley horse? What does it mean?Good at vs. good onExpression: to be afraid ofWhat for? = why?It's about timeLooking forward to hearing from you