journals and newspapers collectively; act or process of printing
exchange
press
knowledge
surplus

Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
Where are my trousers? Or Where is my trousers? | verb 'BE'
Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 05, 2008 16:31 pm   Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio

hi,
i was looking at Sue's lesson 2 and i came across the following:
The first thing I do is switch on the radio.
I always thought that we should add TO after is.
she also wrote:"I also help develop Traing Needs Analysys."
i really dont understand what she meant by that.does she train the staff to analys better or train the staff something which needs analysys or she meant to say Traing needing analysys
Sohrab

Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 05, 2008 18:02 pm   Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio

Hi Sooski,

You can use both structures -- the infinitive with as well as without "to".

Hope this helps.
Many thanks,

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an american literature class

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio #3 (permalink) Fri Sep 05, 2008 18:13 pm   Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio

hi Torsten,
thanks for your answer
many thanks
Sohrab

Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio #4 (permalink) Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:45 am   Phrase: The first thing i do is switch the radio

Your welcome, Sooski ;-)!

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on agriculture

ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
I need your helpCan you point out some tips to increase interest in English!What day is tomorrow? Which day is tomorrow? What day is today?Make questions in simple presentTo take guide: My speed in writting is very slowly and I don't know do it very...About abbreviation and acronymIntroduce myself: I am Raja. I am 25 yrs old. From India...Any rules to use simple present, present continuous and present perfectwhole or allWhat you suggest to improve my English language?Unit number 10 (Why does he complete their work in time?)Introduction: I work a playwright in theater and I make some adaptations too...Introduction: I'm Adelino Domingos. I'm 22 years old...