Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person of higher rank; older person; elder
floor
relationship
cognition
senior
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Who are the hotel guests?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the difference between say and tell? | Difference between advice and suggestion?
listening exercises
Who are the hotel guests? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:26 am   Who are the hotel guests?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #111 "Postcard: Holiday", question 5

The other ......... are all very friendly.

(a) inhabitants
(b) guests
(c) callers

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #111 "Postcard: Holiday", answer 5

The other guests are all very friendly.

Correct answer: (b) guests

what does question refer on?
Ranys

Who are the hotel guests? #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 am   Who are the hotel guests?

Hi,

'The guests' are the other people saying at the hotel.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Who are the hotel guests? #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 am   Who are the hotel guests?

Hello Mr. Alan,

It's again me. One question, can we write 'inhabitant' in this case? I ask you this because in my mind like in French we can consider these people like inhabitants for a temporary time. Do you follow what I mean?

Thanks.

Who are the hotel guests? #4 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 am   Who are the hotel guests?

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

95 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hi,

'Inhabitants' are people who are living there/have been living there for a considerable time. They are, as it were. the natives and we wouldn't use that word for people staying in a hotel. You could use 'occupants of the hotel' in an official sense as in: All the occupants of the hotel were evacuated during the fire.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Who are the hotel guests? #5 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 15:13 pm   Who are the hotel guests?

Hello Alan,

It is all right.

Best Regards,

What is the difference between say and tell? | Difference between advice and suggestion?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does 'in no time' mean?What does see a doctor mean?Seeing vs. watchingI'm not going to take it anymore?For no other reason?What do these words mean: watch, look, see?What's the difference between see and look and watch?Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?What does to prey on mean?fully vs. completely