person of higher rank; older person; elder
floor
relationship
cognition
senior

Who are the hotel guests?

What is the difference between say and tell? | Difference between advice and suggestion?
Who are the hotel guests? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:26 am   Who are the hotel guests?

ESL/EFL Test #111 "Postcard: Holiday", question 5

The other ......... are all very friendly.

(a) inhabitants
(b) guests
(c) callers

ESL/EFL Test #111 "Postcard: Holiday", answer 5

The other guests are all very friendly.

Correct answer: (b) guests
_________________________

what does question refer on?
Ranys

Who are the hotel guests? #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 am   Who are the hotel guests?

'The guests' are the other people saying at the hotel.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Who are the hotel guests? #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 am   Who are the hotel guests?

Hello Mr. Alan,

It's again me. One question, can we write 'inhabitant' in this case? I ask you this because in my mind like in French we can consider these people like inhabitants for a temporary time. Do you follow what I mean?

_________________
Do not hesitate to correct me.
The French

Location: France -Normandie

Who are the hotel guests? #4 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 am   Who are the hotel guests?

'Inhabitants' are people who are living there/have been living there for a considerable time. They are, as it were. the natives and we wouldn't use that word for people staying in a hotel. You could use 'occupants of the hotel' in an official sense as in: All the occupants of the hotel were evacuated during the fire.

_________________

Who are the hotel guests? #5 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 15:13 pm   Who are the hotel guests?

Hello Alan,

It is all right.

Best Regards,
_________________
Do not hesitate to correct me.
The French

Location: France -Normandie

What does 'in no time' mean?What does see a doctor mean?Seeing vs. watchingI'm not going to take it anymore?For no other reason?What do these words mean: watch, look, see?What's the difference between see and look and watch?Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?What does to prey on mean?fully vs. completely