firm; faithful; persistent; unbending; adamant
swift
sincere
superb
constant

ID photocopy vs ID photocopies

Customers vs. patrons? | Idiom: he was down on his luck
ID photocopy vs ID photocopies #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:37 am   ID photocopy vs ID photocopies

ESL/EFL Test #59 "Chit Chat: On the phone", question 10

Charlie: Sorry about that I must have ......... the wrong number. Have a nice day.

(a) selected
(b) directed
(c) dialled
(d) done

ESL/EFL Test #59 "Chit Chat: On the phone", answer 10

Charlie: Sorry about that I must have dialled the wrong number. Have a nice day.

Correct answer: (c) dialled

_________________________

I've checked some translations in the office from Chinese to English. My job is just to correct some of the grammar. We are all confused in the use of 2 or more Id[identification card]. It is actually used as plural possessive form. The original translator wrote it as " id's photocopy". So I've been thinking that it's only a singular possessive form of noun, so I corrected it because there are 2 or more IDs to photocopy, instead I've wrote "IDs' photocopy", to make it plural possessive form. Can I use IDs'? is it acceptable?, or how to write ID in plural possessive form? I would greatly appreciate your advice on this... thank you...
Latino
Latino

ID photocopy vs ID photocopies #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 am   ID photocopy vs ID photocopies

.
You are making it more difficult and awkward than it need be. Inanimate objects seldom use the '-s' possessive. Use the noun as an adjective, which works for one or more IDs:

'ID photocopy' / 'ID photocopies'.

Or, you should use 'Photocopies / A photocopy of the IDs'.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
ID photocopy vs ID photocopies #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 21, 2009 21:51 pm   ID photocopy vs ID photocopies

hi
Im confused about the spelling of the word dialled, Is that the correct spelling or is it dialed?
Carloscc

Location: Juarez, mexico

ID photocopy vs ID photocopies #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 21, 2009 22:56 pm   ID photocopy vs ID photocopies

British spelling uses 2 'L's.
_________________

What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?'a long row of houses' vs 'a long row of cows'The sentence provides you with the slang idiom used in context...Meaning of 'make an offer for it'Does elegant means the way of serving the food?Please explain why out of instead top? is the out of same as top?why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?Meaning of the idiom "lion's share of the food"Usage of "razzle dazzle"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palWhat does "kind of interest" mean?How can I see my progress in English tests that I finished it?