period of time that something continues
fee
adult
duration
removal

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Meaning of 'try me' | "How are you doing?" vs. "How do you do?"
Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:16 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Test No. incompl/elem-28 "Responses", question 3

Mike: 'She always goes to work on a bike.'
Jane: '.........'

(a) She is very healthy.
(b) She must be very healthy.
(c) She can be very healthy.
(d) She might be very healthy.

Test No. incompl/elem-28 "Responses", answer 3

Jane: 'She must be very healthy.'

Correct answer: (b) She must be very healthy.

Jane: 'She might be very healthy.'
_________________________

Why is correct "She must be very healthy" and not "She might be very healthy"?

Uleanu Viorel
Uleanu Viorel

Must/might #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:33 am   Must/might

The speaker is saying it as a fact - she must be very healthy - there is no doubt about it. She might be very healthy would mean there is some doubt about it.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Must/might #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:06 am   Must/might

I am Mohamed Lamine Sylla from Guinea Caonakry . I am here to improve my English . So I need your help every time.
What is your advise for me ?
Many thanks :lol:
Sylla

Location: Wes Africa

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 17, 2008 15:08 pm   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Good moning, Mr. T. I just took the test for lesson number 25, and I got them all rignt, I scored 10 out of 10. Can I take more than one test per day? Everey time I take a test, no matter the score, It is a challlenge for me, believe me, I want to improve my english. Since my mother tongue is Spanish, and I came to U,S. been an adult, it is iknd of hard for me to speak english, cllearly. In my mind I have all the words I need to express myself, but do not knoww hou to put them in the correct order.Could helpme, with some ideas?? Thank you very mucho for your help in everyday problem with thii class.

Eduardo

class
Edivil2

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #5 (permalink) Fri Oct 17, 2008 15:32 pm   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Dear Eduardo,

Many thanks for sharing your successes with me. Yes, of course you should take more than just one test per day. You can complete as many tests per day as you like. For more information on this, please read How to take the next test?

As for expressing yourself, I think the best method to improve your speaking skills is to listen to English dialogs on a daily basis. How much time do you spend listening every day?

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many copies of the report do you need?

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #6 (permalink) Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Thank you very much.
Mr Indonesia

Location: Near Monas

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #7 (permalink) Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Hello to everyone,

I'd try to answer this question # 3 on 'responses' I was incorrect. But, now I observed the word "always" and this mean a choice selection on the answers with a word "must" to be the correct answer, is this right Alan?

regards
fil
Filcanlas

Location: saudi arabia

Must/might #8 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:35 pm   Must/might

Dear MR Alan
How are you ? I thank you very much for your interesting me . However , I sent many messages to you I didn't get answer from you . I see your audities .
Sylla

Location: Wes Africa

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #9 (permalink) Sun May 17, 2009 9:42 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

"They were all reluctant to speak to the journalist before he established his credentials, since they were wary that he might be an agent impersonating journalists."
I dare to send the above sentence, which I think very helpful to better understand difference between the usages of "must be" and "might be".
Ekrem

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #10 (permalink) Sat May 30, 2009 7:32 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Dear Mr. Torsten

Thanks for your lesson#. 25 regarding TOEIC test. It's really very interesting and informative. I attempt it and got 9 out of 10 but I couldn't see my score...

Please explain from where I can see my score?

thanks and keep guiding in this nice way.....

Have a good day
Misskhan

Location: Lahore, Pakistan

Must/might #11 (permalink) Sat May 30, 2009 19:18 pm   Must/might

Sylla, you should post a seperate question, and not add to what is already being discussed. Go to the top of the page and press, " New topic."

You will then get a quick reply.

_________________

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #12 (permalink) Fri Aug 21, 2009 14:28 pm   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

dear mr.torsten
i m very thinkful to u for your good and prety suggestion for my english improvement and quiek response for my difficulties.lession 25 i hv been recieved .i got 7 marks in first responses test 9 in sec nd 5 in third.actuly i blong to skardu nd my mother toung is belti(baltistan) which is totally different from english in writting speaking etc.Inshallah i shall try to do more improve in eng under your instructer . sir there is two question, which method i would be obtain to improve my vocubulry and spelling mistake nd secd is please tell me the uses of "to be".

regard
zakir hussain belti (skardu ) baltistan (pakistan)
Belti

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #13 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:54 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Hi!
I've chosen the (b) variant, but what's wrong with (a) ('She is very healthy')? If Jane knew 'her', she could answer this way to the Mike's remark. Don't you think so?

Jane: 'She is very healthy and active.'
RussianBear

Location: A bit on the side, :)

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #14 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 am   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Hi RB,

I think if Jane said: She is very healthy and active', this isn't really a comment that is relevant to what Mike has just said and doesn't as it were follow on.. Possibly she could say something like: In that case she is clearly very healthy ... or Obviously/Clearly she is ... That's why Jane should say: She must be ... and that sounds better because it is a conclusive comment based on what Mike has said.

Hope that makes sense.

_________________

Why is correct "She must be very healthy"? #15 (permalink) Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 pm   Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?

Dear Mr.Torsten
Thank you for your lessons. I have learned a lot of things while doing the TOEIC test.
Uranbileg

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
what does implied mean?What does 'posh' mean?Using At or In before the name of placeWhy hardest not harder?Convey vs. moveWhich vs. whoWhom vs. thatWhat does "That'll be the day" mean?Difference between appearance and apparitionDifference between all and everythingWhy is correct "She must be very healthy"?, page 4Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?, page 3Why is correct "She must be very healthy"?, page 2