to exercise; to use; to make an effort
rank
enroll
indicate
exert

How to use this forum?

The crossover point is that production quantity where... | What 'violent' in Vietnames mean?
How to use this forum? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:41 am   How to use this forum?

The police officer wasn't willing to tell the reporter anything unless it was off the ..........

(a) tape
(b) record
(c) limelight
(d) public

The police officer wasn't willing to tell the reporter anything unless it was off the record.

Correct answer: (b) record
_________________________

Hi everyone,

It's simply a test because I have some questions about how to ask a question, which is list on this forum.
_________________
In my view,the more mistakes someone else corrects me,the more I could learn.
And welcome to my blog: http://0rz.tw/793HL
Maggie

Location: Taiwan

How to use this forum? #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:48 am   How to use this forum?

HI,

There are other forums. What was your question about?

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How to use this forum? #3 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:05 am   How to use this forum?

Hi Alan,

My question is the following, as I posted it in another article.

I am wondering how to ask a question. As you can see, I do post a question sucessfully. Here is the example, http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic28745.html. But in the following test, I didn't find out the button or link "Do have you a question?". Here is another example. http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ei020/esl-test.php . I only see the link "Click here for Explanation." indeed. I want to know if this forum supports this function for ALL of the questions. Thanks a lot.

Maggie^^
_________________
Maggie

Location: Taiwan

How to use this forum? #4 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:18 am   How to use this forum?

Hi Maggie,

Apologies for being a bit slow. I see what you mean. As it's technical, I'll have to refer it to Torsten.

Best wishes,

_________________

How to use this forum? #5 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi Maggie,

Thanks a lot for raising this issue as I assume a lot of our users might be asking themselves the same question and they'll be interested in the answer. Every of our interactive test question is connected to the forum. On the top right-hand corner of every test question you will find a button that takes you directly to this forum here. If nobody has posted a forum message regarding a particular test question, the link/button is called "Do you have a question?". This means, if you click on this link and post a question, you start a new forum thread on that test question. If somebody has already started a forum thread on that test question, the link is called "Click here for explanations".

Let me know if this makes sense.

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the hospital

How to use this forum? #6 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:16 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi Torsten and everyone,

I totally understand it now. Moreover, I think it's a very intelligent thought and idea. It does make a more structural website and a good environment for us, English learners.

Thanks a lot.

Maggie :)
_________________
Maggie

Location: Taiwan

How to use this forum? #7 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:19 pm   How to use this forum?

That's great to hear, Maggie. Please do let us know if you have any questions because we see the system from our perspective and it's sometimes difficult for us to guess what questions our users might have.

Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, photographs: The earthmover

How to use this forum? #8 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:19 am   How to use this forum?

:( I think what you omit is the fact that these's still no explanation for why (D) off the record is right. And after clicked the click here for explanations button, It brought me here. I don't know what this idiom does mean. Could you please explain for me? Many thanks.
_________________
Please feel free to correct me if you find any mistakes in my posts.
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

How to use this forum? #9 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:11 pm   How to use this forum?

'Off the record' really means unofficially. People use that expression when they say something that they don't want to be reported or noted or quoted. Politicians use this expression when they want to say something that is their personal opinion but they don't want their words to be reported in a newspaper.

_________________
You can read my ESL story Passive Voice

How to use this forum? #10 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 13:03 pm   How to use this forum?

:D Thank you.
_________________
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream?What does the "push the envelope" mean?what does acommodation mean?freeze vs frostExpression: He is really gutsywhat does 'bite his hand off' meanmillionaire vs. accountantthe letter of the law?A loving and appropriate epitaph?Origin of the idiom 'no cigar'?Have the final say over everything?how to choose the right answer?What does cufflinks mean?