to arrange according to dimension
pressure
judge
size
leave

A scheduled lesson plan for English idioms to be taught via mobile phone's SMS

less confidence | How can I improve my speaking skills?
A scheduled lesson plan for English idioms to be taught via mobile phone's SMS #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 22:30 pm   A scheduled lesson plan for English idioms to be taught via mobile phone's SMS

Hi everybody, I'm Amir Mashhadi. I'm an MA student majoring TEFL. I'm working on " Mobile learning: Teaching English idioms via SMS" for my MA thesis. As a matter of fact, I'm wondering about an appropriate lesson plan or schedule for teaching idioms in a time interval to be used daily in this experimental study. Now, please let me have your ideas, if any. I will receive any suggestion warmly. Thank you very much in advance.
Amir1

A scheduled lesson plan for English idioms to be taught via mobile phone's SMS #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:59 am   A scheduled lesson plan for English idioms to be taught via mobile phone's SMS

Hi Amir,

Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas with us. Can you please tell me if in your thesis you are concentrating on a specific learner type (age, cultural background, level of English, etc.) or do you mean learners of English in general? I think if you send your students multiple choice tests that contain idioms and other expressions, they will be more likely to use and learn them than if you just send them definitions of idioms with usage examples.

To answer your question, I would send them just one multiple choice question every day.

Let me know what you think.
Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, photographs: Playing paint ball

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Hi #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 14, 2008 20:47 pm   Hi

Dear Torsten

Thank you very much indeed for your suggestion. To answer your question, I should say yes, I mean I'm working with TEFL freshmen in the university as my subjects. As a matter of fact, I have to take their learning backgrounds in English, into account, in order to assure group homogeneity. But, regarding your suggestion about teaching one idiom per day, I should say that, on the one hand, in this way the study would last for a long time, and on the other hand, teaching one idiom per day will not fulfill our educational goals in practical terms. I mean during a semester we may not be able to teach more than nearly 90 idioms. Anyway, we have to find a way to assure both ways efficiently.
Best,
Amir
Amir1

General statement about the continuous formsWhat does the government know about business management?German unemployed stronger than German entrepreneurs?Inadequate description of languageWhat do you think about the situation in Iraq?Free enterprise system?What's your average speaking rate (WPM)?Callan teacher speaking like in the classroom?Motivation for Poetry AppreciationIs this true?Japan YouTube - Watch Japanese Video Clips - FunnyHow to pronounce the English words clearly and correctly?Is there any value in learning lists of words from vocabulary books?