Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to send off quickly; to dismiss; to conclude with speed and efficiency; to eliminate
dispatch
appear
advise
number
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does this expression mean: it comes down to?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between pass and run | Meaning of 'chip chop'?
listening exercises
What does this expression mean: it comes down to? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 20, 2008 17:42 pm   What does this expression mean: it comes down to?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #17 "Idioms with come", question 7

In the end, it all comes down to the fact that you don't really care about me.

(a) intercedes to
(b) interferes to
(c) conspires to
(d) is because of

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #17 "Idioms with come", answer 7

In the end, it all is because of the fact that you don't really care about me.

Correct answer: (d) is because of

What does this expression mean: it comes down to? Runy
Runy

What does this expression mean: it comes down to? #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 21, 2008 13:16 pm   What does this expression mean: it comes down to?

'Come down to': To amount to in essence: It comes down to this-- the man is a cheat.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does this expression mean: it comes down to? #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:05 am   What does this expression mean: it comes down to?

Why not it infers to?
Ajay Nahta
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does this expression mean: it comes down to? #4 (permalink) Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am   What does this expression mean: it comes down to?

'Infers' is not a choice, however even if it were, if you look it up in a dictionary you will see that the meaning does not fit.
The same applies if you meant to type 'interferes'. Look it up in a dictionary and you'll find the definition does not work in this sentence.
Language Coach

Difference between pass and run | Meaning of 'chip chop'?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
I need your expense reports on my desk and on the double.indirectly controlled by, controlling or under common control with such Partytake off: remove fromWould the words 'to meet' and 'who work' be written separately in each case?When we know the answer do we write it or do we click on it?ottoman vs deskHands vs. pawsMeaning of "to finally tie the knot"?What does foresee mean?meaning of drainWhy is it incorrect: to face the uncertainties of the ocean?People don't vs. people doesn'tVerb "to do" vs. doing