area; domain; range; piece of land; surface
realization
lack
decade
field

Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report'

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Try-out or test training? | Can we omit "the"?
Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report' #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 26, 2008 14:24 pm   Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report'

Hi everyone,
Please could youd show me what difference is there between ( the weather forecast and a weather report.
Thank you in advance.
abdou
Abdou

weather forecast and weather report #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 26, 2008 14:35 pm   weather forecast and weather report

A weather forecast is a prediction of the weather that's going to happen tomorrow and over the next few coming days.

A weather report is a summary of the weather that is happening now.

The forecast may often be a secondary part of the weather report.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
weather forecast and weather report #3 (permalink) Fri Sep 26, 2008 16:05 pm   weather forecast and weather report

the next few coming days.

A touch of redundancy there, Skrej?
Molly

weather forecast and weather report #4 (permalink) Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:11 am   weather forecast and weather report

Good morning Skrej,
I thank you so much to have showed me the difference between weather forecast and weather report. Now I see the real meaning of each one.
thank you again.
abdou
Abdou

difference between a weather forecast and a weather report #5 (permalink) Tue Oct 14, 2008 17:55 pm   difference between a weather forecast and a weather report

my question here is:
what's the difference between a weather forecast and a weather report?
in wait for your reply i offer my kind respect
Saad71

requierment #6 (permalink) Tue Oct 14, 2008 18:09 pm   requierment

Hi saad.
Take a look here: http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic29263.html#108276

What does the word "requirement" have to do with your question, if you don't mind my asking?
Barb_D

what u mean weather forecast and a weather report? #7 (permalink) Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:01 am   what u mean weather forecast and a weather report?

difference between a weather forecast and a weather report?
Bijo

weather forecast and weather report #8 (permalink) Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:03 am   weather forecast and weather report

.
A weather forecast (a guess at the future weather) is part of a weather report (a report on the current weather and the future weather expected).
.
_________________

weather forecast and Weather report #9 (permalink) Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:18 am   weather forecast and Weather report

What is the difference between a weather forecast and a weather report?
Mwewa

Weather #10 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:54 am   Weather

Hi Torsten,

Please help to explain me more about the difference between weather forecast and weather report.
As I understand, weather forecast to say about how the weather will be in the future, weather report to let us know the summary of weather condition in the past in one region, one country or world-wide. Please correct me.

Thanks and regards,
Hong
Dthong

Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report' #11 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 15:10 pm   Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report'

You're more or less right. A weather forecast is a prediction of what the weather will be like later.

A weather report is an explanation of what the weather is like now, and it also includes the forecast.

what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather report& #12 (permalink) Mon May 18, 2009 5:51 am   what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather report&

Hi everybody,

I would like to know what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather report"
In my opinion, "weather forecast" is a forecast of the weather for the next days
and " weather report" is a summary of weather conditions, often including predicted conditions, for an area.
Khaintm

what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather rep #13 (permalink) Mon May 18, 2009 8:36 am   what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather rep

Yes, you are correct.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather report& #14 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 19:51 pm   what is difference between "weather forecast" and "weather report&

Hi everybody
My opinion for this question is:
A weather report is a summary report which including past, present and future.This report containing weather's parameters and satellite pictures for an area.
A weather forecast is assumption weather for future (to night,tomorrow,next week etc), and weather forecast is part of weather report.
Please correct me.
Best regards
alora
Alora

Location: Bosnia, Herzegovina

Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report' #15 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 1:54 am   Difference between 'weather forecast' and 'weather report'

Hi everybody, Good morning
The difference between a weather forecast and a weather report is :
A weather forecast is a prediction of the weather will happen next and
A weather report is inform about past or what is happening weather by reporter or in form written report.
Please correct me. thank you.
Lena
Lena Raing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
"would have done" and "would do"This or thatAdverbial or Adjective clause?meaning of rematchNeither vs EitherWhat's that carbon copy?present prefect vs pastTold John vs. told to JohnIs the sentence a type of rhetorical device?Most are...Objective TestAn apple (Apples are a popular fruit. An apple is usually no bigger than 10 cm)The codes or codes?