to globalize; to make worldwide
hit
internationalize
launch
fleet

Newbie here. I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... | I am Kehkshan and I want to learn speak English
Newbie here. I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:53 am   Newbie here. I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain

Hi, I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain. I'm 28 years old. I think that my level of english is quite high, though I still have problems with certain expressions that are impossible to find in any dictionary, so I have to guess its meaning from context, doesn't matter, forums like this are very useful :D
I'm a great fanatic of music, possessing over 800 CDs of music in english, and I have memorized most of the songs of these CDs, this have helped me a lot to reach my level of english
I'm also a habitual to the BBC world service, I admire the english of that people, is very easy to understand
Cheers!
Miquel

Location: Barcelona

Newbie here #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 19, 2005 21:40 pm   Newbie here

Hi Miquel

How strange to talk to you in English! Welcome aboard, and yes, I'm sure that you'll learn a lot here. As for the expressions that you said that aren't in any dictionaries, you'd be surprised by some of these dictionaries. If you've surfed a little in this forum, you may have come across a message that recommended the page www.onelook.com. You should try it.

Anyway, I'm sure that a lot of expressions in the lyrics of pop-rock music won't be in those dictionaries.

Hope to see you here again.

Karlos
Carbonarius

Location: Basque Country, Spain

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Newbie here #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:52 am   Newbie here

Hi there.... my namesake ;)
_________________
obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit
Mosteque

Location: Poland

Newbie here. I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 20:43 pm   Newbie here. I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain

Hola Miguel;

Wow, I have been very impressed by intoducing yourself to us. I never got any opportunity as you got with owning many CDs in English language and reaching BBC World Service. you are greater than i am In English. Yes, you cose the right way to get omprioved into your skills.Ok? i encourage you in that way.

If i answer you, it is also because of my love for the city of Barcelona. and I love FC Barcelona too.

May GOD bless you through Jesus Christ. Amen !!!

Miquel wrote:
Cheers!
Born4Jesus

Location: Brazzaville, Congo (Centre of Africa)

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Ciaosu! Gixa here! Right now I'm trying to learn Japanese...I am Tekla from GeorgiaHello! My name is William, I am from Nicaragua...Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...New Member: I'm Chilean, I'm studying English from here for improving...I want a better life for Americawhats the best part of life?All truth about Russia. SibiriaTesting. I'm Jorge, and I'm doing a testHello! this is Atyaf from Syria :)Hello! I am Fahim from Iran. I would like to improve my English...New Member: My name is Sok Sorphoan. I am very happy to join and practice EnglishHello! I'm a new Joinee. I'm Meena from India but living and working in London...