Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

enhancement; refinement; improvement
enrichment
employer
interior
clock
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does tribute mean?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does call the tune mean here? | Suit versus Accommodate
listening exercises
What does tribute mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:48 am   What does tribute mean?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #559 "English Slang Idioms (197)", question 5

"I had fun going to see the Ozzy Osbourne tribute band. However, the band didn't do most of his songs .......... The lead singer sang the wrong lines at times and the guitar player played some of the songs at the wrong speed. The original songs were much, much better," Bill told Paul.

(a) justice
(b) tribute
(c) favors
(d) honor

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #559 "English Slang Idioms (197)", answer 5

"I had fun going to see the Ozzy Osbourne tribute band. However, the band didn't do most of his songs justice. The lead singer sang the wrong lines at times and the guitar player played some of the songs at the wrong speed. The original songs were much, much better," Bill told Paul.

Correct answer: (a) justice

what is tribute mean?
Prepo

What does tribute mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:42 pm   What does tribute mean?

Tribute.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does tribute mean? #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 28, 2008 14:19 pm   What does tribute mean?

Hi Prepo,

Please note that your question should read 'What does tribute mean'?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A rocket
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

reply lesson-8 #4 (permalink) Mon Jan 25, 2010 19:35 pm   reply lesson-8

Hello Great Teachers
I got 7/10 in lesson8.In previous chapters (6,7)
Igot 8/10.All the chapters sent by you are really very interesting.I enjoy taking the tests,
SOME SENTENCES ARE:
Do you like to take test on net?
Does he give you answers?
When do you get up?
Do you reach your work place on time?
Dear sir
Ifeel disheartenwhen Idon't get your response.I
sent writting sentences related to present tence but IDID'NT KNOW WHETHER they were wrong or right.
Kindly give me tips so Icould learn English as earliest.There is also a problem which Iam facing
Iam computer illiterate. Hence Iam unable to type fast but practice makes a man perfect.soon
Iwould learn.Thanking you
Neelam2
You can meet me at english-test.net

What does call the tune mean here? | Suit versus Accommodate
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of souvenirsDifference among scare, scary, frighten, frightening, frightened'hen house' vs 'doldrums'Meaning of "secondhand stores"Verb to have should be followed by past participle...What is an icon?Should it not be charity begins at home?When somebody has bought the farm, they have died.furnished the company?Many kinds of flowers bloom?difference between rock and jazz music?He is on top of the world. vs He is on high of the world.thought vs considered