after the usual or expected time; tardily; recently; far on time; formerly
easy
small
late
either

What does "talk him down" mean?

What's the difference between mirror and monitor? | What does 'to be in business of' mean?
What does "talk him down" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 01, 2008 16:23 pm   What does "talk him down" mean?

One of the scariest moments of my career as a police officer was when an idiot said he was going to shoot a two-year-old if he wasn't given a million dollars. Luckily, we were finally able to talk him .......... He dropped the gun and came away peacefully.

(a) down
(b) back
(c) out
(d) away

One of the scariest moments of my career as a police officer was when an idiot said he was going to shoot a two-year-old if he wasn't given a million dollars. Luckily, we were finally able to talk him down. He dropped the gun and came away peacefully.

Correct answer: (a) down
_________________________

I need the explantion of the word
Henna

What does "talk him down" mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 am   What does "talk him down" mean?

.
Which word?
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does 'chip-in' mean?What does 'comprised' mean?How to use the F-word?What's the meaning of "tongue"?difference between answer and respondwhat to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?What does idiom mean: paint the town red?what does "cry me a river" mean?What does external mean?why is the answer good?difference between human behavior and consumer behaviorSentence: The teacher's comments have convinced us that he is extremely naive.What's the British slang word for kiss?