notch; narrow opening; place; position (within a system, etc.)
slot
locksmith
commitment
voyage

what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?

what does "cry me a river" mean? | What's the meaning of "tongue"?
what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 02, 2008 22:58 pm   what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?

"George is much more fleet of ......... than I gave him credit for. I thought that the falling beam was sure to crush him but he moved faster than I have ever seen him move to avoid it," Tom told Ron.

(a) back
(b) foot
(c) head
(d) ships

"George is much more fleet of foot than I gave him credit for. I thought that the falling beam was sure to crush him but he moved faster than I have ever seen him move to avoid it," Tom told Ron.

Correct answer: (b) foot
_________________________

I need to know what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech- "I have ever seen"

Liman
Liman

what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 03, 2008 15:47 pm   what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?

One observation.

It sounds as though the beam has fallen more than once and that George has dodged it each time.

Better:

"George is much more fleet of ......... than I gave him credit for. I thought that the falling beam was sure to crush him but he moved to avoid it faster than I have ever seen (him move) ," Tom told Ron.
Molly

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 03, 2008 17:31 pm   what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?

Molly wrote:

...and your wording can be also interpreted as ..avoid it very fast.
I think that the sentence is good as it stands, because the reader should be able to discern the intended, reasonable meaning, and brush away other possible meanings that do not fit the bill.

what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? #4 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:09 am   what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?

So, upon first reading it is ambiguous, right?
Molly

meaning of 'Appreciate'Idiom 'All the way'What does "catch-all" mean?meaning of the phrase "money making venture"What does 'chip-in' mean?What does 'comprised' mean?How to use the F-word?difference between sense and feeldifference between answer and respondWhat does idiom mean: paint the town red?What's the difference between mirror and monitor?What does "talk him down" mean?What does 'to be in business of' mean?