Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

smooth; straight; level; parallel; equal; consistent
even
salient
compatible
initiative
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What's the meaning of "tongue"?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? | What does 'comprised' mean?
listening exercises
What's the meaning of "tongue"? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 18:07 pm   What's the meaning of "tongue"?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #707 "English Slang Idioms (449)", question 8

"That was an unfortunate slip of the .......... I know you think she's stupid but did you have to blurt that out when she disagreed with you?" Rachel asked Vincent.

(a) teeth
(b) brain
(c) mouth
(d) tongue

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #707 "English Slang Idioms (449)", answer 8

"That was an unfortunate slip of the tongue. I know you think she's stupid but did you have to blurt that out when she disagreed with you?" Rachel asked Vincent.

Correct answer: (d) tongue

What's the meaning of "tongue"?

Mango
Mango

What's the meaning of "tongue"? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 19:25 pm   What's the meaning of "tongue"?

Here's a picture of a tongue.

Skrej
I'm here quite often ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What's the meaning of "tongue"? #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 23:48 pm   What's the meaning of "tongue"?

Skrej's right. A tongue is a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity.
In other uses, it means a) language b)style of expression c) the flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot d) any long thin projection that is transient e) a metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side, and more.
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? | What does 'comprised' mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does grindstone mean?meaning of 'Appreciate'Idiom 'All the way'What does "catch-all" mean?meaning of the phrase "money making venture"What does 'chip-in' mean?How to use the F-word?difference between sense and feeldifference between answer and respondWhat does idiom mean: paint the town red?what does "cry me a river" mean?What's the difference between mirror and monitor?What does "talk him down" mean?