smooth; straight; level; parallel; equal; consistent
even
salient
compatible
initiative

What's the meaning of "tongue"?

what to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'? | What does 'comprised' mean?
What's the meaning of "tongue"? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 18:07 pm   What's the meaning of "tongue"?

"That was an unfortunate slip of the .......... I know you think she's stupid but did you have to blurt that out when she disagreed with you?" Rachel asked Vincent.

(a) teeth
(b) brain
(c) mouth
(d) tongue

"That was an unfortunate slip of the tongue. I know you think she's stupid but did you have to blurt that out when she disagreed with you?" Rachel asked Vincent.

Correct answer: (d) tongue
_________________________

What's the meaning of "tongue"?

Mango
Mango

What's the meaning of "tongue"? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 19:25 pm   What's the meaning of "tongue"?

Here's a picture of a tongue.

_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What's the meaning of "tongue"? #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2008 23:48 pm   What's the meaning of "tongue"?

Skrej's right. A tongue is a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity.
In other uses, it means a) language b)style of expression c) the flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot d) any long thin projection that is transient e) a metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side, and more.
Molly

What does grindstone mean?meaning of 'Appreciate'Idiom 'All the way'What does "catch-all" mean?meaning of the phrase "money making venture"What does 'chip-in' mean?How to use the F-word?difference between sense and feeldifference between answer and respondWhat does idiom mean: paint the town red?what does "cry me a river" mean?What's the difference between mirror and monitor?What does "talk him down" mean?