to smooth wood; to make smooth; to remove rough areas
monetize
guess
disclaim
plane

How to use the F-word?

What does 'chip-in' mean? | difference between sense and feel
How to use the F-word? #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:57 am   How to use the F-word?

"I am responding to your complaint that your computer is moving sluggishly and is not saving files correctly. What I will have to do will take an hour or two so I must ask you to take the work you will need to another location and let me do my .......... I will come get you when I am done," Lewis said to Jacob.

(a) orchestrating
(b) fabrication
(c) thing
(d) goal

"I am responding to your complaint that your computer is moving sluggishly and is not saving files correctly. What I will have to do will take an hour or two so I must ask you to take the work you will need to another location and let me do my thing. I will come get you when I am done," Lewis said to Jacob.

Correct answer: (c) thing
_________________________

fuken wise up
Fukey

How to use the F-word? #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:04 am   How to use the F-word?

If you're going to cuss in a foreign language, at least learn how to spell the profanity correctly. Otherwise you just look like even more of an idiot.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
How to use the F-word? #3 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 am   How to use the F-word?

Hi Skrej,

The thing is that our software doesn't allow to type the F-word here on the forum ;-).

TOEIC listening, photographs: Washing windows

How to use the F-word? #4 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 am   How to use the F-word?

Otherwise you just look like even more of an idiot.

Do you mean that one always looks like an idiot when trying to cuss in a foreign language?
Molly

How to use the F-word? #5 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 14:28 pm   How to use the F-word?

.
I didn't understand that to be what Skrej meant.
I know someone who often manages to make himself look like an idiot without using any cuss words at all -- foreign or otherwise.
.
_________________

How to use the F-word? #6 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2008 15:56 pm   How to use the F-word?

Can you analyse this for us, Amy?

What does "even more of an idiot" refer to there? More of an idiot than...?
Molly

automatic stay vs. automatic holdon the weekend vs. at the weekendWhat does tyro mean?What does grindstone mean?meaning of 'Appreciate'Idiom 'All the way'What does "catch-all" mean?meaning of the phrase "money making venture"What does 'comprised' mean?What's the meaning of "tongue"?difference between answer and respondwhat to lable the following phrase for parts of speech 'I have ever seen'?What does idiom mean: paint the town red?