confined usually by illness
competent
anxious
homebound
magnificent

Difference between transpose and transfer

Assure vs. assert | Why "no cigar"?
Difference between transpose and transfer #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 21, 2005 13:37 pm   Difference between transpose and transfer

Test No. incompl/advan-31 "Letter Writing (3)", question 9

I am sure I could ......... my skills as a waiter to the tasks that are needed for your advertised post.

(a) transfer
(b) translate
(c) transpose
(d) transverse

Test No. incompl/advan-31 "Letter Writing (3)", answer 9

I am sure I could transfer my skills as a waiter to the tasks that are needed for your advertised post.

Correct answer: (a) transfer

I am sure I could transpose my skills as a waiter to the tasks that are needed for your advertised post.
_________________________

"transpose" does have a similar meaning like "transfer" - where is the difference?

Difference between transpose and transfer #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 21, 2005 14:42 pm   Difference between transpose and transfer

They are similar and there are many more that are also similar as English is rich in alternatives but believe me skills are TRANSFERRED.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between transpose and transfer #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 12, 2011 16:27 pm   Difference between transpose and transfer

hi sir,
What means transverse,transpose
Kimdung9210

Difference between transpose and transfer #4 (permalink) Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:12 am   Difference between transpose and transfer

It was surprising. The proverb is true. Live and learn. Now I learned the skills can be transferred that's why we say: The school provides its students with TRANSFERRABLE SKILLS.=that can be used in different jobs.)
_________________

Assure vs. assert | Why "no cigar"?
Do Some Authors Include Deep Words with No Context Clues?teaching your wife to drive?quite right vs all rightSurvive = continue to liveMeaning of 'overrun'Meaning of 'no problem'Meaning of 'would-be house buyer'Meaning of 'come into force'Difference between attached and includedWhat is the difference between goal and aim?Personal pronounsDifference between who and whomWhat does this idiom mean: 'to get fired'?