offer; plan; theory; problem
midmorning
apology
proposition
dietician

automatic stay vs. automatic hold

on the weekend vs. at the weekend | What is 'some rolls'?
automatic stay vs. automatic hold #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 09, 2008 18:32 pm   automatic stay vs. automatic hold

ESL/EFL Test #181 "Consumer Credit", question 5

The debtor has the benefit of an 'automatic .........' immediately upon filing a bankruptcy petition, which prevents the creditor from taking any further action to try to collect the debt unless or until the bankruptcy court decides to the contrary.

(a) halt
(b) hold
(c) stay
(d) stop

ESL/EFL Test #181 "Consumer Credit", answer 5

The debtor has the benefit of an 'automatic stay' immediately upon filing a bankruptcy petition, which prevents the creditor from taking any further action to try to collect the debt unless or until the bankruptcy court decides to the contrary.

Correct answer: (c) stay
_________________________

I'm really puzzled by this one... I'm guessing hold is the right option, is it?
Puzzly

automatic stay vs. automatic hold #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 09, 2008 22:45 pm   automatic stay vs. automatic hold

.
No. The answer is just above your question.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
yourself vs himselfI have always liked...What does buck mean?What does chasing goose mean?Names of basics?Except: blockbusting, price fixing, steering, or redlining?How are health and safety ensured?test on articlesmeaning of "runs out of bread"What does tyro mean?What does grindstone mean?meaning of 'Appreciate'Idiom 'All the way'