to cipher
exclude
calendar
code
rectify

What is the difference between play and plot?

What does 'seem' mean? | Hearts, cupid, cards, chocolate.
What is the difference between play and plot? #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:10 pm   What is the difference between play and plot?

ESL/EFL Test #108 "Postcard: Writer", question 3

Many people have not followed the ......... of the story.

(a) plot
(b) play
(c) plan

ESL/EFL Test #108 "Postcard: Writer", answer 3

Many people have not followed the plot of the story.

Correct answer: (a) plot

Many people have not followed the play of the story.
_________________________

why can use play?
Juiceful1978

What is the difference between play and plot? #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:44 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

Hi Juiceful,

The word "plot" describes the main idea or theme of a story or book. The phrase 'play of the story' does not exist. Let me know if this helps.
PS: Your question should read "Why can't I use play"?

TOEIC listening, photographs: An overheating vehicle

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between play and plot? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:34 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

ya it is helpful but if you can give some more stuff it wud become more understandable
Myfrndzz

What is the difference between play and plot? #4 (permalink) Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

Hello! I would like to know, why can't I use the word "plan" in this test? Doesn't the "plot" mean the "plan" in this context?
Maxmax

Location: Belarus

What is the difference between play and plot? #5 (permalink) Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

Hello Maxmax.
The correct term here is 'plot'. This is the actual 'storyline' and although is a part of the author's planning, we do not refer to it in that way.
When authors plan a story they consider things such as the characters, setting and period of their story, as well as the plot - the way their story will run from the introduction through to the climax and on to a resolution.
_________________

What is the difference between play and plot? #6 (permalink) Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:30 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

So, "plot" is more accurate word here, and "plan" have too wide meaning?
Maxmax

Location: Belarus

What is the difference between play and plot? #7 (permalink) Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

That's correct.
_________________

What is the difference between play and plot? #8 (permalink) Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:53 am   What is the difference between play and plot?

I've got it, thank you very much!
Maxmax

Location: Belarus

the salt mines.Verb Tense Practice(1)a veritable couch potato.difference between "fresh-shaven" and "clean-shavenWhat is ill timed financing?What is an electronic appliance?I want to go to Mexico, but I also want to go to Peru.information is uncountable...Affluent Romans?It took place of a sudden?Transplanting plantsSleeping Expressionsthe kiss of death