Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to stop a vehicle; to slow down a vehicle
cover
brake
figure
convince
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Expression: For the record, I check..." | grammatical functions of a sentence
listening exercises
How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:02 am   How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

Hi there,
How can we apply the verb "would prefer" to reword a sentence like "I'd rather major in Broadcasting than in Excercise Science"?
Is it true to say "I'd prefer to major in broadcasting than in Excersise Science"?

Please help! :(
Jraou
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:12 am   How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

I'd say:

"I'd prefer to major in broadcasting RATHER than in Excersise Science"
Jaykaylam

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 17, 2008 14:12 pm   How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

Thanks jaykaylam, but what if we use two different verbs?

I mean, is it correct to say: "I'd prefer to major in broadcasting rather than stay home"?
Jraou
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Expression: For the record, I check..." | grammatical functions of a sentence
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Is it correct to say: I'd prefer to study German rather than work as a mechanic?He is a good male boyExpression: "Please put the sweater on..."Can we say 'sociable with sb'?Expression: "Just wanted to..."'to write a blog' vs to make a blog'in the year 2000 or in 2000?Get mad at someonefire accident or fire incident?The use of "nice meeting you" and "nice seeing you"The use of 'as to' and 'regarding'Expression: "By the time..."Can I say "It is a habit from us"?