to stop a vehicle; to slow down a vehicle
cover
brake
figure
convince

How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

Expression: For the record, I check..." | grammatical functions of a sentence
How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:02 am   How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

Hi there,
How can we apply the verb "would prefer" to reword a sentence like "I'd rather major in Broadcasting than in Excercise Science"?
Is it true to say "I'd prefer to major in broadcasting than in Excersise Science"?

Please help! :(
Jraou

Location: La

How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:12 am   How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

I'd say:

"I'd prefer to major in broadcasting RATHER than in Excersise Science"
Jaykaylam

Location: New Zealand

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 17, 2008 14:12 pm   How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?

Thanks jaykaylam, but what if we use two different verbs?

I mean, is it correct to say: "I'd prefer to major in broadcasting rather than stay home"?
Jraou

Location: La

Is it correct to say: I'd prefer to study German rather than work as a mechanic?He is a good male boyExpression: "Please put the sweater on..."Can we say 'sociable with sb'?Expression: "Just wanted to..."'to write a blog' vs to make a blog'in the year 2000 or in 2000?Get mad at someonefire accident or fire incident?The use of "nice meeting you" and "nice seeing you"The use of 'as to' and 'regarding'Expression: "By the time..."Can I say "It is a habit from us"?