Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

signature on a money order such as a check
address
endorsement
engine
extract
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between dialect and accent

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
adopt a name or accept a name | What does "chops" mean?
listening exercises
difference between dialect and accent #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 am   difference between dialect and accent

Hi my friends i wanna someone answer me.

What are the differences between dialect and accent?

Himo79
Himo79

difference between dialect and accent #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 pm   difference between dialect and accent

To explain it in a very basic way, a dialect is a variety of a language, both written and spoken, whereas accent refers to the way of pronouncing a language or dialect.
Conchita
Language Coach

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
adopt a name or accept a name | What does "chops" mean?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
The use of "nice meeting you" and "nice seeing you"What are quantifers and in which situations are they used?Usage of "really stuck / really stick"Who "would" hide your cap in the tree?How to read numbers?miss him more vs. miss him a lotI think that my continued efforts to find the child alive are justified by...Usage of "There is a/the..." (There is a/the book on the table, etc.)Usage of "has gone to" in American Englishmeaning of capture"has gone to" vs "will be"Is "Talkable" a valid adjective or something made up?Usage of tenses (I thought, you were writing about your family)