signature on a money order such as a check
address
endorsement
engine
extract

difference between dialect and accent

adopt a name or accept a name | What does "chops" mean?
difference between dialect and accent #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 am   difference between dialect and accent

Hi my friends i wanna someone answer me.

What are the differences between dialect and accent?

Himo79
Himo79

difference between dialect and accent #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 pm   difference between dialect and accent

To explain it in a very basic way, a dialect is a variety of a language, both written and spoken, whereas accent refers to the way of pronouncing a language or dialect.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
The use of "nice meeting you" and "nice seeing you"What are quantifers and in which situations are they used?Usage of "really stuck / really stick"Who "would" hide your cap in the tree?How to read numbers?miss him more vs. miss him a lotI think that my continued efforts to find the child alive are justified by...Usage of "There is a/the..." (There is a/the book on the table, etc.)Usage of "has gone to" in American Englishmeaning of capture"has gone to" vs "will be"Is "Talkable" a valid adjective or something made up?Usage of tenses (I thought, you were writing about your family)