Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

four times a year; once every three months
obviously
least
quarterly
close
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Get mad at someone

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Should we use reported speech only after 'said'? | fire accident or fire incident?
listening exercises
Get mad at someone #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:48 am   Get mad at someone

- My girlfriend usually does the shopping when she has free time or when she's angry at someone / or when she gets mad at someone.

- Is this sentences grammatical?

Thanks very much to friends!

NamSteven
Namsteven
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Get mad at someone #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:22 pm   Get mad at someone

'To be/get mad at/with someone' is, indeed, another way of saying 'to be/get angry at/with someone'.

As to the phrase 'does the shopping', perhaps you meant 'goes shopping', which would fit better in that context. The former is often no more than a household chore and is definitely not always a pleasant and soothing activity, which is what the angry person in your sentence seems to need. Going shopping can also be an obligation for some people, but it suggests more of a leizure activity.
Conchita
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Should we use reported speech only after 'said'? | fire accident or fire incident?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Is it correct to say: I'd prefer to study German rather than work as a mechanic?He is a good male boyExpression: "Please put the sweater on..."Can we say 'sociable with sb'?grammatical functions of a sentenceThe use of "nice meeting you" and "nice seeing you"The use of 'as to' and 'regarding'Expression: "By the time..."Expression: For the record, I check..."Can I say "It is a habit from us"?How can we apply the verb "would prefer to... than... "?How to read numbers?Usage of "has gone to" in American English