place offering shelter and retreat; refuge
zenith
genesis
asylum
misanthrope

Which exam is easier -- PBT or CBT?

TOEFLŪ question: The midge ... to any of several species of small flies | TOEFLŪ Prep in Moscow
Which exam is easier -- PBT or CBT? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 25, 2005 16:15 pm   Which exam is easier -- PBT or CBT?

Hi Torsten Sir,

Which test is easier? PBT or CBT. I got 200 in CBT but this time I am giving PBT becoz no availability of CBT in this city, Although I am practicing PBT but I am really nervous.I really need around 580-600 marks to get admission in my chosen university in USA. Do u think I can achieve this score?? please reply me.

Sim

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?
sim

Difference between CBT and PBT #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:44 am   Difference between CBT and PBT

I think the CBT and the PBT require the same amount of preparation as both are equally difficult. However, there are a few differences between the CBT and PBT. For example, the CBT allows more time per question as compared to PBT, having a fewer number of questions than the PBT.

TOEIC listening, photographs: At a truck factory

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
PBT or CBT #3 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2005 22:43 pm   PBT or CBT

well is there any difference in PBT and CBT in the type of questions being asked?

Difference between PBT and CBT #4 (permalink) Wed May 04, 2005 22:58 pm   Difference between PBT and CBT

The structure of the questions is the same, it's just that one exam is paper based and the other is done on computers.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The oil refinery

PBT or CBT #5 (permalink) Fri May 06, 2005 12:16 pm   PBT or CBT

There are some differences between the type of questions...
First CBT contains some click on and insertion questions in reading section;PBT,on the other hand, doesn't.Second number of questions is different-for example PBT contains about 50 questions in reading section,while CBT contains 44.Third the time given per question is different.If you want to get some more information about the differences between CBT and PBT,you can visit TOEFL official site and were I you,I would so or seach on the internet for details.Because the information that I give here is superficial.
Engineer

PBT or CBT #6 (permalink) Fri May 06, 2005 23:01 pm   PBT or CBT

Thanks a lot.Do you know any site which might offer model tests for PBT? I have a book which features only the CBT and i'll be writing the PBT.

All young adults have to perform some kind of national serviceFormal examinations are not the best method of assessing educational achievement.What the main cause of stress in modern life, and how could stress be reduced?TOEFL Sentence CompletionWhich source do you advise me to study for TOEFLŪ?TOEFLŪ Reading Section ScoringToeflŪ scoring (213-270)Any tips for TOEFLŪ preparationAbout TOEFLŪ examHelp in understanding American English for preparing for TOEFLŪ203 in TOEFLŪ, again preparing for...Is PBT an easier or harder than CBT?Can I be ready to take the TOEFLŪ test within maximum 2 weeks?