familiar; close; intimate; informed; aware
total
acquainted
hourly
splendid

What does 'show business' mean?

What is the relation between fax no. and pages? | Every been to Italy?
What does 'show business' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:07 am   What does 'show business' mean?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #53 "Business Expressions (2)", question 10

All the famous film stars, actors, directors and writers were at the festival representing the world of ......... business.

(a) play
(b) drama
(c) show
(d) performance

ESL/EFL Test #53 "Business Expressions (2)", answer 10

All the famous film stars, actors, directors and writers were at the festival representing the world of show business.

Correct answer: (c) show

All the famous film stars, actors, directors and writers were at the festival representing the world of drama business.
_________________________

can i use drama here
Juiceful1978

What does 'show business' mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:31 am   What does 'show business' mean?

Hello Juice,

"Show business" is a set phrase; it usually signifies the film and theatre business.

"The drama business" is seldom used.

Best wishes,

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"on the coast" vs "at the coast"What does 'making for' and 'can't follow' mean? (Multiple choice test number 19)Taking place?Meaning of "I have no idea why"How do I address an envelope to a widowed woman?What is the difference between insult and assult?What does miserable mean?Meaning of behavioralsmell vs. scentThis test helped me improve my English!What does 'prize' mean?invented vs. developedwhy is not said, since to greet means say hi?