to establish; to found; to set up; to place on
base
veil
clerk
prejudice

"serving directly to situation" vs "speaking directly to situation

Why can we use does with I? | What are the three categories of Torts?
"serving directly to situation" vs "speaking directly to situation #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 22, 2008 17:35 pm   "serving directly to situation" vs "speaking directly to situation

ESL/EFL Test #568 "Niche Marketing", question 10

The more that your business specializes, the more its market will see the value of your products or services because you are ......... directly to their unique situation.

(a) planning
(b) pointing
(c) serving
(d) speaking

ESL/EFL Test #568 "Niche Marketing", answer 10

The more that your business specializes, the more its market will see the value of your products or services because you are speaking directly to their unique situation.

Correct answer: (d) speaking

The more that your business specializes, the more its market will see the value of your products or services because you are serving directly to their unique situation.
_________________________

Why not serving?
Volkan

"serving directly to situation" vs "speaking directly to situation #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 22, 2008 22:56 pm   "serving directly to situation" vs "speaking directly to situation

.
'Serving...to' is wrong English here.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
pleased with him vs. pleased with himselfWhat does 'absolute bliss' mean?Rubbish vs. litterWe don't have this. vs We can re-order it for you.What is the meaning of intelligent dressing room?"on the coast" vs "at the coast"What does 'making for' and 'can't follow' mean? (Multiple choice test number 19)Taking place?Meaning of "I have no idea why"How do I address an envelope to a widowed woman?The time of the year?What does 'poverty' mean?meaning of argue