esteem; respect; integrity; honesty; award; privilege
registering
honor
cabinet
accommodation

I took the TOEICŪ exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
TOEICŪ Vorbereiten | OnlineEnglish TOEICŪ Preparation - The New TOEICŪ Training Coach.
I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 26, 2008 14:50 pm   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

i am a university student from the Philippines, i took the TOEIC exam about last year... when i received my results, it showed 495 for listening and 490 for the reading part for a total of 985 (for non-believers, i have my TOEIC certificate for proof)... now my problem is, where can i use my TOEIC exam results? How can it help me?
Olraytie

I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:08 pm   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

TOEIC is very useful for working in USA , many Companies use this test to appreciate the English level of candidates.
Houssem224

Location: Tunisia

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:23 pm   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

Olraytie wrote:

Hi Olraytie,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for your message. A TOEIC score of 985 points is absolutely great -- it's simply brilliant. Congratulations! As Houssem said, many companies will recognize your TOEIC Certificate so all you have to do now is apply for your first job.

Let me know what you think.
Good luck,
PS: How did you learn English?

TOEIC listening, talks: Sales agent is leaving voice message for customer regarding new time for appointment

I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 am   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

Thanks for giving time to answer my query... as I've read in this forums, English language skills change approximately every two years (I guess, it depends on the person's skills and usage of the language), which gives me around less than a year left before i need to take another TOEIC exam to have an accurate result...

my question is, do i really need to take TOEIC every two years or so?
or can i be satisfied with my score now...?

really would appreciate your replies... thanks in advance...

P.S. Here in the Philippines, being a former colony of the United States of America, we were taught English as a second language at a young age... I have been studying english since primary school...
Olraytie

I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #5 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:56 am   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

Hi again,

Many thanks for your interesting question. I think how often you need or should take the TOEIC test really depends on a number factors. For example: What company do you work for? How often do you use English at your job? How much time do you spend listening to English language media? What topics are you interested in? How often do you read books and articles in English? If you use your English on a daily basis it's very likely that your command of the language increases even further so taking the TOEIC test every two years might not be necessary for you. But then again it might be a good exercise too. At any rate it's very important for you not to focus on your TOEIC score but rather on the goals have set yourself in life.

Please let me know what you think.

TOEIC listening, talks: Traffic situation report on TV

I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #6 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:18 am   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

Hello Torsten,
Now I'm taking the TOEIC Test.What i want to know is-do you take into account my scores from that test too?
Shade

I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #7 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 am   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

thanks Torsten... I'll keep that in mind...
Olraytie

I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results... #8 (permalink) Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:58 am   I took the TOEIC exam, I don't know what to do with the results...

The TOEIC Test is a certificate of measurement regarding the English language proficiency of non Native English speakers. The TOEIC is accepted worldwide by many companies, universities, authorities and other organizations that may see the certificate as a necessity in deciding whether a candidate is suitable for a job position, entrance into a training course, immigration and other things.

If you are not a native English speaker many companies, universities and authorities may ask for this certificate (among others) "irrespective" of how good your English is, this means that even if your English is perfect, you may be asked for the certificate as a matter of procedure, routine, rules or regulation, just because you are not a native English speaker.

ETS state that the TOEIC certificate is valid for a period of two years and if you have a certificate older than this, it will be up to the people who are asking for the certificate to decide whether or not it is acceptable. This means that only the people requiring the certificate can actually say whether you need it or not.

If you need a current certificate and your existing certificate is older than two years, and, the people asking for it state that the certificate must be current, then you must re-sit the test again!

This is my understanding.

Rob
Authorized TOEIC Administrator.
HamburgEnglish

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
OnlineEnglish - TOEICŪ Test Preparation - Developments in TOEICŪ Training.Frust in onlineenglish.deTOEICŪ test full preparation in I.L.L Rabat.TemaraTOEICŪ rap songs?Should I have tutor or can do it myself? (IELTS preparation)IELTS, TOEICŪ, TOEFLŪ or a different course?Life in UK Test (TOEICŪ preparation site)TOEICŪ or TOEFLŪ?What are the advantages of taking the TOEICŪ?How can I know my TOEICŪ score?My experience of TOEICŪ184/200: How many TOEICŪ score I may get?Need some help! (TOEICŪ grammar questions)