to take money from the bank; to retire; to remove
connote
treat
misunderstand
withdraw

Difference between advice and suggestion?

Who are the hotel guests? | For no other reason?
Difference between advice and suggestion? #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 28, 2008 21:40 pm   Difference between advice and suggestion?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #18 "Cat and mouse", question 8

He thought that one of them could give him some advise as to what was the best thing to do.

(a) give
(b) advise
(c) the best

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #18 "Cat and mouse", answer 8

He thought that one of them could give him some advice as to what was the best thing to do.

Correct entry: advice
The error was: (b) advise

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
He thought that one of them could give him some suggestions as to what was the best thing to do.
_________________________

Please explain what's difference between advice and suggestion and how to use it?
Juiceful1978

Difference between advice and suggestion? #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 21, 2010 15:50 pm   Difference between advice and suggestion?

'Advice- is usually of a practical nature when you tell someone what you think is a good idea or recommendation as in a parent/older person telling a younger person what is the best thing to do in a certain situation. A suggestion is simply a proposal put forward to someone when they are asking for ideas as in someone asking where is the best place to go on holiday.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'in no time' mean?What does see a doctor mean?Seeing vs. watchingI'm not going to take it anymore?What do these words mean: watch, look, see?What's the difference between see and look and watch?Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?What does to prey on mean?fully vs. completelysee + infinitive vs. see + gerund