to push; to iron; to remove creases or wrinkles; to confiscate for public or government use
manufacture
major
press
rank

Difference between error and mistake

Progressive form of want | Difference between longstanding and regular customer
Difference between error and mistake #1 (permalink) Tue May 03, 2005 7:45 am   Difference between error and mistake

Test No. incompl/advan-53 "Invoices", question 6

Just as we were about to leave the restaurant, the waiter came running up to apologize there had been a ......... in the bill.

(a) error
(b) trip
(c) mistake
(d) damage

Test No. incompl/advan-53 "Invoices", answer 6

Just as we were about to leave the restaurant, the waiter came running up to apologize there had been a mistake in the bill.

Correct answer: (c) mistake

_________________________

Well, by coincidence I took "mistake". However, I wonder where is the difference between "error" and "mistake".
Can you help me?

Error or mistake #2 (permalink) Tue May 03, 2005 20:49 pm   Error or mistake

Mistake an error could work both in this sentence but the word error requires 'an' as the indefinite article.

TOEIC listening, photographs: People shopping

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between largely and overallPublish the accountswhat does conceited mean?The difference between connecting and linking?I can't meet you on that matterDifference between receding and recessionFill in or fill out?When to use "that" and when not toLetter of the lawA law unto s.oDifference between "correct" and "right"I was told it would comeShe wants to live in Paris