client; buyer; person who buys a product or service
sponsor
customer
coupon
rescue

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

The pencil and paper is on my desk? | Smash to pieces
'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 15:59 pm   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Postcard: Winner", question 4

All you have to ......... is to telephone this number.

(a) make
(b) take
(c) do

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Postcard: Winner", answer 4

All you have to do is to telephone this number.

Correct answer: (c) do

All you have to make is to telephone this number.
_________________________

i dont understand please explain me?

Tema
Tema

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 02, 2008 13:13 pm   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

.
One of the important functions of 'do' is its use as a substitute to avoid repetition of a verb or full verb expression: 'I think as you do'.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #3 (permalink) Fri Mar 13, 2009 21:33 pm   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

Mr Micawber, shouldn't you write : ,,a full verb expression'', with ''a'' article????? If not, please explain why...

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #4 (permalink) Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:12 am   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

.
It is not necessary to repeat the article.
.
_________________

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #5 (permalink) Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:35 am   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

Mister Micawber, but If I wrote:,,...to avoid repetition of a verb or a full verb expression: 'I think as you do'.'', it would be also good?????

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #6 (permalink) Sat Mar 14, 2009 16:59 pm   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

.
Yes.
.
_________________

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #7 (permalink) Sat Nov 28, 2009 17:06 pm   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

Hi, my teacher.Please what is the deffernce b/w MAKE and DO?
Fayez

'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...' #8 (permalink) Sat Nov 28, 2009 17:18 pm   'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'

Hi Fayez,

Have a look these: http://www.english-test.net/lessons/5/index.html

http://www.english-test.net/lessons/24/index.html

_________________

When to use either and neither?What is the meaning of the idiom "had a pig"?What does I don't buy it mean?What does discord mean?What does skiing mean?For vs. throughMaster (M.A), or masters?what is the meaning of hook up?what are the qualities of a business plan?Who vs. whomWhat does 'un-right' mean?I think it should be: Do you like Microsoft or Macintossh computers?Why it is "like" instead of "liked"?