violent twist; violent ripping; tool for gripping or turning bolts
duplicate
personnel
fold
wrench

"more breakfast" vs "much breakfast"

The use vs. the usage of prepositions? | what is the difference between "denote" and "refer"?
"more breakfast" vs "much breakfast" #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 31, 2008 16:26 pm   "more breakfast" vs "much breakfast"

ESL/EFL Test #112 "Postcard: France", question 10

Our next hotel was much better because they gave us ......... breakfast than we really needed.

(a) more
(b) much
(c) most

ESL/EFL Test #112 "Postcard: France", answer 10

Our next hotel was much better because they gave us more breakfast than we really needed.

Correct answer: (a) more

Our next hotel was much better because they gave us much breakfast than we really needed.
_________________________

why?

Nil
Nil

"more breakfast" vs "much breakfast" #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 0:44 am   "more breakfast" vs "much breakfast"

.
More...than. This structure takes the comparative form of the adjective.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'accure' mean?Why we can't use here 'consider' because both think and consider give us...?If we can not get eat as a noun heremeaning of "get by"Is it correct to write kitchen?Reputation vs Idea or Description?What does "It's no good" mean?Is 'in fact' a fixed expression?Didn't know anyone?what is the meaning of gambling?What is drama?'we have that out of the way' vs 'we have that set of the way'"My friend likes to work" vs "My friend likes the work"