in what way?
until
except
however
whether

What does "It's no good" mean?

what is the difference between "denote" and "refer"? | What is this sentence intention?
What does "It's no good" mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:08 am   What does "It's no good" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #709 "Time of the Year", question 5

A: No, It's no .......... You'll just have to tell me.

(a) good
(b) right
(c) correct
(d) bad

ESL/EFL Test #709 "Time of the Year", answer 5

A: No, It's no good. You'll just have to tell me.

Correct answer: (a) good
_________________________

What does "It's no good" mean? thanks
Thaomi2201

What does "It's no good" mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:53 am   What does "It's no good" mean?

'It's no good' suggests 'it's a waste of time'. In the sentence it means that the speaker can't think why the other person is miserable and insists that the other person tells him.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does probably mean?prevent vs postponeWhat does 'accure' mean?Why we can't use here 'consider' because both think and consider give us...?If we can not get eat as a noun heremeaning of "get by"Is it correct to write kitchen?Reputation vs Idea or Description?"more breakfast" vs "much breakfast"The use vs. the usage of prepositions?Is 'in fact' a fixed expression?Didn't know anyone?what is the meaning of gambling?