to criticize; to assess; to determine; to rule
manage
separate
judge
expect

Reputation vs Idea or Description?

Is it correct to write kitchen? | Why we can't use here 'consider' because both think and consider give us...?
Reputation vs Idea or Description? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:33 am   Reputation vs Idea or Description?

ESL/EFL Test #24 "What now?", question 3

Her name was Mary Smith and she had a ......... for telling people what was going to happen.

(a) title
(b) reputation
(c) description
(d) idea

ESL/EFL Test #24 "What now?", answer 3

Her name was Mary Smith and she had a reputation for telling people what was going to happen.

Correct answer: (b) reputation
_________________________

Idea or Description?
Dilmon

Reputation vs Idea or Description? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 02, 2008 13:11 pm   Reputation vs Idea or Description?

.
Both are wrong answers here. People have reputations for doing good or bad things.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Idiomatic phrase "learn and tell"Thanks for killing the goose that laid the golden egg?What does probably mean?Expressions "like a ton of bricks"some idiomatic expressions of failure and successprevent vs postponeWhat does 'accure' mean?If we can not get eat as a noun heremeaning of "get by"What does "It's no good" mean?what is the difference between "denote" and "refer"?"more breakfast" vs "much breakfast"The use vs. the usage of prepositions?