to impose a tax or fine; to conscript troops
launch
soar
demonstrate
levy

Is it correct to write kitchen?

meaning of "get by" | Reputation vs Idea or Description?
Is it correct to write kitchen? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:48 am   Is it correct to write kitchen?

He hadn't heard from his son in months and it was his fault. When his son had voiced a legitimate concern about passing Basic Training he had told him "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the .........," Not the most understanding thing to say.

(a) kitchen
(b) pool
(c) forest
(d) booth

He hadn't heard from his son in months and it was his fault. When his son had voiced a legitimate concern about passing Basic Training he had told him "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," Not the most understanding thing to say.

Correct answer: (a) kitchen
_________________________

Is it correct to write kitchen?

Emma
Emma

Is it correct to write kitchen? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 02, 2008 13:10 pm   Is it correct to write kitchen?

.
Yes.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Thanks for killing the goose that laid the golden egg?What does probably mean?Expressions "like a ton of bricks"some idiomatic expressions of failure and successprevent vs postponeWhat does 'accure' mean?Why we can't use here 'consider' because both think and consider give us...?If we can not get eat as a noun hereWhat does "It's no good" mean?what is the difference between "denote" and "refer"?"more breakfast" vs "much breakfast"The use vs. the usage of prepositions?Is 'in fact' a fixed expression?