to suppose; to take on a position or duty; to accept an idea
assume
annoy
compare
order

If we can not get eat as a noun here

Why we can't use here 'consider' because both think and consider give us...? | What does 'accure' mean?
If we can not get eat as a noun here #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 02, 2008 14:45 pm   If we can not get eat as a noun here

ESL/EFL Test #112 "Postcard: France", question 8

We decided to stop at a restaurant to have a good ..........

(a) meal
(b) eat
(c) taste

ESL/EFL Test #112 "Postcard: France", answer 8

We decided to stop at a restaurant to have a good meal.

Correct answer: (a) meal
_________________________

if we can not get eat as a noun here?

Unona
Unona

If we can not get eat as a noun here #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 02, 2008 16:23 pm   If we can not get eat as a noun here

'Eat' is a verb. In informal English, though, it can be used as a noun in the plural ('eats') in the sense of 'snack', 'bite' or 'light meal'.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
difference between wrong and falseWhat's the kindered spirit? Does the "kindered" come from kind?Idiomatic phrase "learn and tell"Thanks for killing the goose that laid the golden egg?What does probably mean?Expressions "like a ton of bricks"some idiomatic expressions of failure and successprevent vs postponemeaning of "get by"Is it correct to write kitchen?Reputation vs Idea or Description?What does "It's no good" mean?what is the difference between "denote" and "refer"?