extension of an archived file compressed with a special program; type of drive using removable disks
hazard
climb
reply
ZIP

some idiomatic expressions of failure and success

What does probably mean? | Thanks for killing the goose that laid the golden egg?
some idiomatic expressions of failure and success #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 03, 2008 17:56 pm   some idiomatic expressions of failure and success

"I can't go to lunch with you today. I am sorry. I have to go ......... down a new battery for my car during my lunch break instead," Nick said to Ryan.

(a) beat
(b) slow
(c) hunt
(d) hold

"I can't go to lunch with you today. I am sorry. I have to go hunt down a new battery for my car during my lunch break instead," Nick said to Ryan.

Correct answer: (c) hunt
_________________________

would you mind giving me some idiomatic expressions of failure and success?

Madyar
Madyar

some idiomatic expressions of failure and success #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:09 am   some idiomatic expressions of failure and success

.
There is a pretty good list here:
http://www.learn-english-today.com/idioms/idiom-categories/success-failure-idioms.htm
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of lackKnock your socks off? What does that mean?How to understand "Knock the pins out from"?What's the knee-jerk reaction?What is the difference between rely on and trust me?difference between wrong and falseWhat's the kindered spirit? Does the "kindered" come from kind?Idiomatic phrase "learn and tell"Expressions "like a ton of bricks"prevent vs postponeWhat does 'accure' mean?Why we can't use here 'consider' because both think and consider give us...?If we can not get eat as a noun here